OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Chalk box  (Read 3062 times)

Offline trb136

• Double Beard
Chalk box
« on: September 25, 2020, 12:40:59 PM »
Tossing this idea around for matching Chalkbox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline rakkin6

• Longbeard
Re: Chalk box
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2020, 12:42:14 PM »
I like it

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Offline sbbow

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2020, 12:58:09 PM »
Yep!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Upfold99

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2020, 02:53:35 PM »

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2020, 06:10:34 PM »
Works for me.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline 3bailey3

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2020, 07:22:14 PM »
different chalk box than I have seen before but it looks really nice, all the stuff you have post here lately have been Awesome!

Offline rakkin6

• Longbeard
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2020, 07:40:54 PM »
It reminds me of the ones that Matt Fulkerson puts in his hen boxes. I love them they are super convenient no need to put more stuff in your vest. Are you making it so it fits inside the call itself?

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Offline trb136

• Double Beard
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2020, 09:55:41 PM »
It reminds me of the ones that Matt Fulkerson puts in his hen boxes. I love them they are super convenient no need to put more stuff in your vest. Are you making it so it fits inside the call itself?

No I didn’t design it to fit inside the call. And I haven’t seen Matt’s this one is patterned after my handle which is different than anyone else’s I’ve seen. That’s the advantage of being the Callmaker I can build what I like..

Offline rakkin6

• Longbeard
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2020, 10:29:05 PM »
Yeah either way it looks nice man, I say go with it. Is that the first one you made like that?

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Offline trb136

• Double Beard
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2020, 10:37:56 PM »
Yeah either way it looks nice man, I say go with it. Is that the first one you made like that?

Yea. First one  Had idea in my head.

Offline rakkin6

• Longbeard
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2020, 10:41:10 PM »
What kind of wood is that? If you make a couple more once you have settled on the exact deign let me know?

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2020, 01:25:06 AM »
I will be honest , to me those chalk boxes look nice , but for practical field use , i take them out and leave them at home , now they are fine , if you want to stick a piece of chalk in them for looks and to keep the lid of the hen box off the rails .. it just has a lot to do with your need ... that is a good design , will it keep the lid off the rails of the hen box ?

Offline trb136

• Double Beard
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2020, 09:43:15 AM »
I will be honest , to me those chalk boxes look nice , but for practical field use , i take them out and leave them at home , now they are fine , if you want to stick a piece of chalk in them for looks and to keep the lid of the hen box off the rails .. it just has a lot to do with your need ... that is a good design , will it keep the lid off the rails of the hen box ?
I didn’t design it to fit inside the box.  It was a play off of my handle. An idea I had. Most use a strap to keep lid tight on rail for transport.

Offline turkey stew

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2020, 11:56:34 AM »
Looks like a good one to me!

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2020, 01:53:59 PM »
I didn’t design it to fit inside the box.  It was a play off of my handle. An idea I had. Most use a strap to keep lid tight on rail for transport.
  Yes , i agree with using a strap. In using one of those to hold chalk, most want hold the chalk you will actually be using anyway for the hen box . I really like you own design of your hen boxes .. those are really nice hens boxes.