OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Save the Alamo

Started by Marc, September 21, 2020, 05:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc

Apparently there is a push to move the Alamo, Alamo Cenotaph War Memorial from being removed from the Alamo Battlefield. Today is the last day to give a bit of push-back, and anyone can do it.

TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO VOTE!

https://savethealamo.us/
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Turkeytider

Oh for God`s sake, what next!! Have we gone completely mad??

Greg Massey

This is totally crazy ... yes it must be saved ...

Tom007

I am very concerned about country's direction.......
"Solo hunter"

Loyalist84

Usually I'm in favour of efforts like this that supposedly restore a historic vista that can be viewed as it was the date the events occured. However, it seems like this is a moot point what with the development and landscaping of the site that has changed it into a more manicured historical building - not really a point in moving a post-event erected cenotaph to save a Battlefield that won't look any closer to the actual site  anyway, is there? Sounds like someone trying to burn off some surplus dollars in the budget.

slicksbeagles1

The ones wanting it moved must not know history because we lost that battle and that should make them happy or it's someone in line to make a lot of money from that prime piece of real estate. That is a beautiful area in San Antonio with a lot of history.   Somebody has got to stand up and take control and make them quit trying to tear down American history. I believe if it wasn't an election year Trump would have already straightened some of this mess up, I hope if he gets elected he will bring things together. If he doesn't win we will have to fight to get our own country back.

Sir-diealot

Glad I got to see it before they try to move it.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."