OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Dont worry  (Read 1363 times)

Offline misfire

• Double Beard
    • Misfire Game Calls, custom duck and turkey calls
Dont worry
« on: September 18, 2020, 09:37:08 AM »
“For those who he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those whom he predestined he also called, and those who he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified. What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?” – Romans 8:29-32

Nothing surprises God. He has a plan in every circumstance. His plan is always for His glory and for the good of His people. The Scripture verses today are monumental in understanding God’s foreknowledge and sovereignty, and showing that God is in control. The ultimate example of God’s sovereign control is in His gift of salvation.

“For those who he foreknew, he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son.” God has known from the beginning of time who would be called His children. God opens our eyes to see our need for Him. He invites you and calls you by name, saying, “You are Mine!” He saves you by grace through faith in Jesus Christ. You are a picture of His glory and His grace! These verses are such good news because God is in control.

Think about it:

1) If God is in control, each day is a gift from Him. And when I see it as a gift, I grow in gratitude and thankfulness at what God has given me.

If I am in control, each day is a right and a privilege I think I deserve. With that perspective, I can only grow in pride and self-righteousness when things go my way, or experience anger and bitterness when things don’t go as I planned.

2) If God is in control, there is hope in the midst of tragedy or suffering because there is the promise that God will work all things for good for those who love Him. There is the promise of greater things to come.

If I am in control there can only be hopelessness in the midst of tragedy or suffering because I am reminded that I can do nothing to change my circumstances. I will always be looking back wanting to recapture the past with no hope of a brighter and better future.

3) If God is in control, tragedy is temporary in light of the promise of eternity.

If I am in control, tragedy is ultimate and final. It shows that I have failed because I could not control all things.

The last verse, “If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?” is incredibly powerful! You see, if God is sovereign, what do you have to fear? NOTHING! If God is in control, there is nothing that can come against His chosen children. He is our hope! What the enemy means for evil, God is using for good.

In the midst of your struggle, God is using it for His glory and the good of you who loves Him. We can live with tremendous hope in the midst of circumstances that appear hopeless. God is in control and if you love Him and trust Him, then be sure that He is working for your good.
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net