turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Covid-19 and Spring of 21

Started by Neill_Prater, September 18, 2020, 09:15:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkeyman

Well, I've got a tentative plan for next spring. 1) hunt MO with my buddy Neill, 2) hunt KY on my way back home to NY, and 3) hunt NY and PA. Those plans could very easily be negated if this situation persists. One thing I've stated all along is that this virus isn't going away, we're likely to have it forever...it will be a situation of whether or not an effective vaccine is produced, and don't bet on it one way or the other, politics aside. Example: where's the cure for the common cold...ain't one and probably never will be. Where's the cure for flu...ain't one and probably never will be. In both cases all they do is treat/lessen the effects with a vaccine/medications. Let's face it...as I've stated multiple times...almost everyone will be exposed to the coronavirus sooner or later. You're either going to be not affected, mildly affected, severely affected and live or die. Just the way it is. Now...if you're in the "at risk" group of pre-existing conditions, obese, old age, etc. about all you can do is cross your fingers. I'm not a "doomsdayer", just a realist. On a personal note I'm in pretty good shape, although 75. My concern is my wife...a 4 time cancer survivor with respiratory issues.

Jstocks

Quote from: Yelper on September 18, 2020, 01:42:40 PM
Absolutely no reason not to go hunt. I hunted Texas in the middle of it last April and had no problems. Will be in Texas in a few weeks for the deer season open and plan to hunt Ala, Miss, Texas and Michigan for turkey this season. If you are driving to these places to hunt, there is nothing to keep you from hunting. Go enjoy the outdoors where most of the time you are by yourself anyway.

With all due respect, this ain't exactly the truth. I live in Texas and got stopped by the State Troopers on I10 coming back home from hunting in Mississippi this year. Had to fill out a form stating that I would quarantine for 14 days and that they could/would send state police to verify my presence at my quarantine location (which I had to specify on the form). Just because one person does not get stopped doesn't mean another person will not.

And before everyone goes piling on with "I'd of done this or that" just stop right there before you post it. I'm as hardnosed don't vilolate my rights as anyone on here, but when you have your wife and kids in the car, you'll bite your tongue and do a lot of stuff you may not do otherwise. Especially when everyone has been on the road and just wants to get home.

None of us can tell the future. I am planning on traveling like I always do this coming season. Just keep an awareness for checking the rules before you travel and you should be good. Plan your routes and adjust accordingly if need. Remember, there's folks that got in trouble for not quarantined while on vacation. You are subject to local laws, whether you want to be or not.

Yelper

QuoteWith all due respect, this ain't exactly the truth. I live in Texas and got stopped by the State Troopers on I10 coming back home from hunting in Mississippi this year. Had to fill out a form stating that I would quarantine for 14 days and that they could/would send state police to verify my presence at my quarantine location (which I had to specify on the form). Just because one person does not get stopped doesn't mean another person will not.

That only applied to people traveling into Texas through Louisiana at that time. Paying attention to what each state is doing is important.

Sir-diealot

Quite frankly I think I will wait and see how fast the first hundred billion people get sick before I take any form of rushed and unproven/unknown vaccine.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Greg Massey

I think it's all a wait and see game at the moment , but i would still make plan's to go hunting out of state or wherever your wanting to go. Just remember think smart and use hand sanitizer etc.  These clinical trials , will provide us with lot's of information on these vaccines. I will try to look at the positive sides of all of this , than thinking negative. It's just like leaving the house going spring turkey hunting , i always think positive about this is going to be the morning i'm putting the flop on that gobbler , if i left the house thinking negative all the time , why not just say home .. just my little old opinion.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Greg Massey on September 18, 2020, 11:43:09 PM
I think it's all a wait and see game at the moment , but i would still make plan's to go hunting out of state or wherever your wanting to go. Just remember think smart and use hand sanitizer etc.  These clinical trials , will provide us with lot's of information on these vaccines. I will try to look at the positive sides of all of this , than thinking negative. It's just like leaving the house going spring turkey hunting , i always think positive about this is going to be the morning i'm putting the flop on that gobbler , if i left the house thinking negative all the time , why not just say home .. just my little old opinion.
Nothing wrong with thinking positive, that's for sure. Hasn't helped my hair grow back though. :'(
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Greg Massey

Quote from: Sir-diealot on September 19, 2020, 12:46:12 AM
Nothing wrong with thinking positive, that's for sure. Hasn't helped my hair grow back though. :'(
Takes a man to grow hair ..  O0

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Greg Massey on September 19, 2020, 10:04:40 AM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on September 19, 2020, 12:46:12 AM
Takes a man to grow hair ..  O0
So where did you rent yours from?;)

Sent from my A574BL using Tapatalk

John Koenig:

Tom007

On a positive note, we will be in the woods. I think we will have this controlled by Feb, 2021. This is America, we defeat everything. Be safe, be proud.....
"Solo hunter"

Turkeytider

Ditto. No reason not to plan to go hunting next Spring IMO. Went this last season, so why not this coming year? Sure didn`t worry about contagion sitting there in the woods talking with a gobbler! Just take appropriate precautions.  JMHO, but I think we`ll have a safe and effective vaccine by then anyway.

DOCHAYES

I am a Family Physician who just ordered a Covid 19 test one my father. My practice is on the front lines of dealing with the Chinese virus. The only thing that will obviate this pandemic is the widespread administration of vaccine. The vaccine may require two doses months apart. It will require vaccination of a significant portion of the population to decrease the transmission of this virus. It will be many months before we see things return to more normal.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: DOCHAYES on September 21, 2020, 02:15:09 PM
I am a Family Physician who just ordered a Covid 19 test one my father. My practice is on the front lines of dealing with the Chinese virus. The only thing that will obviate this pandemic is the widespread administration of vaccine. The vaccine may require two doses months apart. It will require vaccination of a significant portion of the population to decrease the transmission of this virus. It will be many months before we see things return to more normal.
I can't see a Physician especially one on the front lines referring to this as "the Chinese virus."  Only 1 post makes me wonder all the more. Sorry if I am wrong but I do not think so. Even if I am wrong I will let the first hundred billion people take it and wait 10 years to see how it affects them before I will ever take a rushed and widely untested vaccine.

John Koenig:

wvhoyt19

I've made plans and I'm optimistic about next spring. As far as the media... haven't watched the new since early June. I was diagnosed with Lymes Disease during the looting and rioting and all the other crazy stuff going on in this country. A lot of good goes on in this country every single day...but rarely the media wants to tell you about it. Sad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turkeytider

Quote from: Sir-diealot on September 21, 2020, 07:41:11 PM
I can't see a Physician especially one on the front lines referring to this as "the Chinese virus."  Only 1 post makes me wonder all the more. Sorry if I am wrong but I do not think so. Even if I am wrong I will let the first hundred billion people take it and wait 10 years to see how it affects them before I will ever take a rushed and widely untested vaccine.

Just curious SD,what would constitute a "widely tested " vaccine in your opinion? Do you feel the phase IIIs are too small? You don`t actually mean you`d need to see 100 billion people over 10 years, do you?

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Turkeytider on September 21, 2020, 10:08:23 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on September 21, 2020, 07:41:11 PM

Just curious SD,what would constitute a "widely tested " vaccine in your opinion? Do you feel the phase IIIs are too small? You don`t actually mean you`d need to see 100 billion people over 10 years, do you?
I feel there needs to many years of testing as well as many years of seeing the results of those that have taken the vaccine to see what the side effects are if any and how bad they may be, could be the cure is worse than the cause. I feel it to be unwise to just take a drug without knowing the side effects over time.

John Koenig: