turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Covid-19 and Spring of 21

Started by Neill_Prater, September 18, 2020, 09:15:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neill_Prater

Just curious how many of you think, at this point, that the pandemic is likely to adversely effect your season next year?

I'm cautiously optimistic, but also try to be realistic, and can definitely see the possibility of cancelled plans again next year. For those "socially distanced" solo hunts, it should be game on, but I have been going to Alabama for the past 20 years and staying with one of my best friends for at least a week. I can see that being a no go next year unless there's a major breakthrough with regards to coronavirus.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

zelmo1

I can see it spilling over to next season , especially if there is a "fall bloom". I am not making any plans to travel next year. Good Luck and God Bless, Al

Turkeytider

Quote from: Neill_Prater on September 18, 2020, 09:15:33 AM
Just curious how many of you think, at this point, that the pandemic is likely to adversely effect your season next year?

I'm cautiously optimistic, but also try to be realistic, and can definitely see the possibility of cancelled plans again next year. For those "socially distanced" solo hunts, it should be game on, but I have been going to Alabama for the past 20 years and staying with one of my best friends for at least a week. I can see that being a no go next year unless there's a major breakthrough with regards to coronavirus.

Right there with you. I usually hunt with a good friend from high school , 50+ years ago, hunted, fished and played ball together. Reconnected at reunion. He owns/leases and manages ( Auburn trained forester ) very close to 600 acres here in Georgia. Turkeys everywhere. This past season, no go. His wife has respiratory issues, so going to the camp was out. TOTALLY understand. If we can get a vaccine in play before the season, it`ll probably be game on again! I just miss sitting on the camp porch with my good friend, a glass of Makers Mark, and watching the sun go down over the pines.

rakkin6

I really hope not, I am so over this stuff. Look what happend down here where I live yesterday. I am about 40 miles north of Nashville. And we are expected to believe these idiots and listen to their demands which are unconstitutional.

This was discovered by a local reporter this guy destroyed lives and families

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://fox17.com/amp/news/local/covid-19-emails-from-nashville-mayors-office-show-disturbing-revelation&ved=0ahUKEwii5abh8PLrAhUS2VkKHQb7BZUQyM8BCCowAA&usg=AOvVaw30tg2xnaY7Sn6OGKTz63fJ&ampcf=1

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Greg Massey

I really don't think it will interfere that much with your travel plan's in the spring of 2021, you can pretty much travel were you want to go now . I do think it will still effect the gathering of large crowds, but for going to visit a friend and hunting in another state , i think you will be good to go. Just my opinion ..

Sir-diealot

I told a friend when this first started that I could see this lasting two and a half to three years and I have seen nothing to change my mind as of yet, though I truly hope I am wrong. I was supposed to do my first out of state hunt last Spring in PA with somebody I know and that all got messed up so I am hoping that it will happen this Spring.

My plans to go to Oklahoma to hunt got shot when the person that was supposed to take me got busted riding in a vehicle full of drugs (He did not know he says) so that trip is off for 3 years.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

bbcoach

If you can drive to your destination, I can't see why any plans would change.  I believe we will have a vaccine.  Maybe not wild spread distribution but it will be available.  Many people will be back to work, so the woods won't be as crowded as this spring since this thing exploded in March.  If I get the chance, I'll be on the road somewhere.  I will take precautions and make good decisions but I WILL NOT allow it to define my life. 

PalmettoRon

I don't think the vaccine will be widely available by the Spring if one is to believe the head of the CDC. Having said that, I am going to put a bunch of miles on my vehicle if need be. I doubt the Game and Fish departments are going to shut down NR hunters again this Spring and most states are allowing folks to travel to their state without a quarantine and some even now are voiding the quarantine with recent proof of a negative test. I often fly to hunt out of state. Will do less of that probably, but plan on getting after the birds full tilt next Spring. I am retired, so driving is not really a limiting factor.

Yelper

Absolutely no reason not to go hunt. I hunted Texas in the middle of it last April and had no problems. Will be in Texas in a few weeks for the deer season open and plan to hunt Ala, Miss, Texas and Michigan for turkey this season. If you are driving to these places to hunt, there is nothing to keep you from hunting. Go enjoy the outdoors where most of the time you are by yourself anyway.

silvestris

Vitamin D, C , Magnesium and Zinc.  Hydroxychloroquine and Z-Pak should you catch it.   No Bill Gates/Big Pharma vaccine for me, and I am 72 and have Diabetes.  I have intentionally lost 15 pounds for, not due to, the virus.  Damned communist bat-eating Chinese.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

ChiefBubba

After the November election if Harris/Biden wins it'll mysteriously start to clear up. If Trump wins it'll kill 10,000s more and we'll get another lock down. That is until George Soros comes up with another plan to attack Trump. Bubba

Turkeytider

Quote from: silvestris on September 18, 2020, 02:27:42 PM
Vitamin D, C , Magnesium and Zinc.  Hydroxychloroquine and Z-Pak should you catch it.   No Bill Gates/Big Pharma vaccine for me, and I am 72 and have Diabetes.  I have intentionally lost 15 pounds for, not due to, the virus.  Damned communist bat-eating Chinese.

Everyone will have to make their own choice. This thing went to hell in a hand basket when politics was applied to a biological entity. It don`t care what or who you are. We`re just fodder for it.  By training, I`m a clinical microbiologist and was one in the Army, so I`ve seen what these things do up close and personal. I`m also 72 with familial hypertension.

Me, I`ll be first in line for a vaccine if I can be. But that`s just me.

FL-Boss

Quote from: ChiefBubba on September 18, 2020, 03:00:38 PM
After the November election if Harris/Biden wins it'll mysteriously start to clear up. If Trump wins it'll kill 10,000s more and we'll get another lock down. That is until George Soros comes up with another plan to attack Trump. Bubba

This^  A vaccine won't help anything. The Left has already starting rejecting any vaccine that should come.  It's simple.. as long as Trump is in office, they will do everything in their power to keep COVID dramatized.  Bad economy = people want change. It's a political virus.. nothing more.  Yes, there are some risks for those older folks, but I can assure you there MANY other things that can kill you before China virus. Things you would never think of.   As for kids under 25... you have a better chance of dying from a plastic grocery bag....truth

As for the real concern... It's after Nov 3rd.  It may take weeks/months for them to sort out the winner. If Trump wins (and I think he will) they won't accept it and there will be a full on war...

Tail Feathers

I'm making plans but any reservations will be something that can be cancelled without cost.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!