OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: 82nd Airborne Brother. Custom call gift.  (Read 2973 times)

Offline ShootingABN!

• Longbeard
82nd Airborne Brother. Custom call gift.
« on: September 16, 2020, 04:07:40 PM »
So what a blessing to have served in the 82nd Airborne Division. I made lifetime friends.

I was blessed to hunt with Shane Simpson and his daughter Brooke this past spring. That will be a wonderful video when it is released. After a successful hunt with Shane. I was able to hunt with an ABN brother that lives in Minnesota.

His first ever spring gobbler hunt. Well we got lucky and he killed one. I believe he is hooked for life. I got with a custom call maker from WV Mr Kenneth Mullins and we made him a few calls. One with a picture of him and his bird for display. One with the AA patch that he can use. Man they sound wonderful. I can't thank Mr Mullins enough.

Here is a peek of the 82nd ABN call.

Offline ChiefBubba

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: 82nd Airborne Brother. Custom call gift.
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 04:11:07 PM »
Very nice calls and thank you and them for serving. My father was an All American. Bubba

Offline USMC0331

• Longbeard
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 04:11:19 PM »
Fantastic call

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Offline ShootingABN!

• Longbeard
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 04:20:23 PM »
Thanks!

Offline rakkin6

• Longbeard
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2020, 04:57:11 PM »
So what a blessing to have served in the 82nd Airborne Division. I made lifetime friends.

I was blessed to hunt with Shane Simpson and his daughter Brooke this past spring. That will be a wonderful video when it is released. After a successful hunt with Shane. I was able to hunt with an ABN brother that lives in Minnesota.

His first ever spring gobbler hunt. Well we got lucky and he killed one. I believe he is hooked for life. I got with a custom call maker from WV Mr Kenneth Mullins and we made him a few calls. One with a picture of him and his bird for display. One with the AA patch that he can use. Man they sound wonderful. I can't thank Mr Mullins enough.

Nobody is perfect brother lol. I was a 101st  guy and 5th Group just retired in March. Great looking calls man and great story. Always good to get new people in the outdoors.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Offline ShootingABN!

• Longbeard
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2020, 05:01:03 PM »

Nobody is perfect brother lol. I was a 101st  guy and 5th Group just retired in March. Great looking calls man and great story. Always good to get new people in the outdoors.

Meh on the 101st but much respect on SF, 100 men will test today but only 3...... Thanks for your service to brother.

Offline rakkin6

• Longbeard
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2020, 05:06:36 PM »

Meh on the 101st but much respect on SF, 100 men will test today but only 3...... Thanks for your service to brother.
Lol, I didn't mind Bragg when I was in SWC but hated Fayetteville. Luckily I spent a lot of time on Mackall. I lived out in Pinehurst

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Offline rakkin6

• Longbeard
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2020, 05:08:36 PM »
Thanks for your service also.

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Offline 3bailey3

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2020, 06:58:41 PM »
great looking call and thank you guys for your Service!

Online Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2020, 08:54:47 PM »
Amen, we are free because of all your efforts.....
“Solo hunter”

Offline Cowboy

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2020, 10:04:54 PM »
 :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-anLook forward to seeing the Shane Simpson hunt. Thank you for your service. I got the pleasure of spending a few months in the sand with the 82nd.

Offline Dr Juice

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2020, 05:33:02 AM »
Awesome story and I love the call!

All the way!

Offline jgard

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2020, 08:40:40 AM »
Thank you for your service

Offline ShootingABN!

• Longbeard
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2020, 01:29:40 PM »
Thanks everyone.

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2020, 06:56:25 PM »
That's a neat looking call. Thanks to all of you that served.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."