OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Can someone recommend hunting jacket and pants?  (Read 2573 times)

Offline Ynarillol

Can someone recommend hunting jacket and pants?
« on: September 16, 2020, 12:43:48 PM »
I'm hoping to go pheasant and turkey hunting and I don't want to be the guy who shows up in all cotton gear on a rainy day. Been looking at some options on the internet, but I don't really know where to start. Lots of reviews have mentioned concerns about noisy fabric, water resistance, wind resistance, and flexibility. I've seen decent looking suits for under $100, but they're made in China. I've made it a personal mission to not buy anything from China. And maybe can I hunting in jeans. I'm tall skinny guy and hard to find good pants, I found good examples on the https://stylejeanswear.com/ so maybe somebody can help?

A few notes:
I sweat . . . A LOT!
I generally stay warm as long as I have a good wind break
Fleece lining is mandatory for colder weather (in future)

Thanks all
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 04:53:55 AM by Ynarillol »

Offline Bingoman

Re: Can someone recommend hunting jacket and pants?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2022, 10:48:17 AM »
Did you find some clothing that works? You may be looking for a do all clothing system, that may not exist. May be better with a few pairs of pants and some interchangeable tops. If you need fleece line, but sweat a alot, parhaps throw on a long John layer under some camo/brush pants on those colder days. I tend to go with layers in tky season. Cold in the spring mornings, then I have my jacket stowed in the back of my vest by 10-11 am.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Offline Chris O

• Double Beard
Re: Can someone recommend hunting jacket and pants?
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2022, 08:28:43 PM »
For the pheasant hunting I would look at getting a pair of chaps. Nite Lite and Dans offer them in water proof and they offer protection from thorns. I have used SKRE clothes for the last 3 years for turkey hunting and deer hunting. They also have a 100% waterproof suit. They have great warranty and VIP sizing so if something doesn’t fit or you don’t like it they have free returns until you are happy. And if you contact them they will get back to you. I use the hard scrabble jacket and pants and they repel water for a few hours easily they aren’t water proof but pretty good.