OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Hurricanes suck  (Read 3024 times)

Offline roberthyman14

Hurricanes suck
« on: September 16, 2020, 12:37:28 AM »
We are getting hammered right now.  Been hitting us hard the last hour.   Looks like we will be in the bad quadrant as the storm keeps drifting east

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Offline Mathews.1

• Longbeard
Re: Hurricanes suck
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 03:33:46 AM »
Prayers

Offline roberthyman14

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 03:39:47 AM »
We will take them.  Its getting rough. The eye wall is getting close. Taking a beating. Feel asleep for 2 hours.  Woke up with it back at cat 2.  I'll be awake the rest of the evening

Offline Turkeytider

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 07:40:17 AM »
Grew up on the Alabama coast ( Fairhope ), so know about these things. Stay safe and on high ground ( if you have any! ).

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2020, 08:10:54 AM »
Prayers my friend, be safe
“Solo hunter”

Offline 310 gauge

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2020, 08:37:09 AM »
Talked with Val, Old Crow Custom Calls, yesterday before Sally began slamming them. He and his family live in Pensacola, Florida which is one of the hardest hit by this slow creeping monster.  Val was victim two days ago of basically a mudslide from a flash flood that swept him,his truck and bike away. Luckily he was rescued,but at last count his truck was nose down in over 7 feet of raging floodwater. Among the things he lost inside was an Ol' Tom Treasure Chest full of "stone cold killers" and his call waiting list. I've been on that list before and will promise you Val turns out calls that run as sweet as they look and that's outstanding! He donated a box for the NWTF auction Sunday that closed at $ 858.00 for the cause. Pray for the safety of all affected by Sally as she continues her path of destruction.

Offline roberthyman14

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2020, 08:45:37 AM »
Talked with Val, Old Crow Custom Calls, yesterday before Sally began slamming them. He and his family live in Pensacola, Florida which is one of the hardest hit by this slow creeping monster.  Val was victim two days ago of basically a mudslide from a flash flood that swept him,his truck and bike away. Luckily he was rescued,but at last count his truck was nose down in over 7 feet of raging floodwater. Among the things he lost inside was an Ol' Tom Treasure Chest full of "stone cold killers" and his call waiting list. I've been on that list before and will promise you Val turns out calls that run as sweet as they look and that's outstanding! He donated a box for the NWTF auction Sunday that closed at $ 858.00 for the cause. Pray for the safety of all affected by Sally as she continues her path of destruction.
Hes a very good friend of mine.  They recovered the truck yesterday. Total loss of everything.   Hes still in kentucky.  Hes coming home tomorrow.  Checking on his wife now.  She is doing OK.   We are getting hit by the eye wall now.  Its pretty bad.

Offline 310 gauge

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2020, 11:16:31 AM »
Thanks for the update! Don't know why these things usually hit us in the dark, with a power loss you just listen to beating and slamming and hope for the best. I do remember 2 hurricanes that came through in the daylight because the "eye" came right over our town. Really amazing how things cleared right up and then cranked right back up in the opposite direction! I do pray for your safety both now and during the aftermath of the cleanup that follows. Power loss for sometimes weeks and days of yard cleaning are just minor guarantees to put up with and so hurricanes do suck. The major damages, well I'm not sure there is a word that can fit the kind of devastation we've seen. StaySafe!!!

Offline Turkeytider

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2020, 12:59:43 PM »
As bad as the storm itself can be ( wind, flooding, etc. ), the two weeks or so afterwards can many times be worse. No power, hot weather often with beastly humidity, pure misery. If you have to work outside cleaning up debris, cutting trees, etc, hot and sweaty and no place to cool off.....It`s beautiful living on the coast.....but there`s often a price to pay.

Offline 310 gauge

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2020, 01:32:46 PM »
....and don't forget the hungry horde of mosquitoes!!!!

Offline roberthyman14

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2020, 01:38:48 PM »
Its pretty rough over my way. Working on clearing roads.    My house so far lost the fence and a bunch of shingles.  Biggest thing is the major flooding.

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2020, 02:53:43 PM »
Prayers everyone . stay safe ...

Offline ShootingABN!

• Longbeard
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2020, 03:26:53 PM »
Prayers from Biloxi MS.

Online bbcoach

• Double Beard
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2020, 05:42:43 PM »
Prayers from Eastern NC.  I feel for all in the path of Sally.  We here in Eastern NC know what you are going through because Florence (A very slow mover) hammered us with 20-30 inches of rain 2 years ago.  Many will be flooded, trees will be down and electricity will take some time to be restored.  STAY STRONG and help each other.  Help from neighboring States will be there to help shortly.     

Offline wvmntnhick

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2020, 06:55:38 PM »
As much as I love coastal regions, y’all can have them. My favorite vacation to date is going to the Outer Banks. We go every year, or did anyway. With my father in law passing away while on vacation with us down there this year, that might change things a bit. Having said that, for the abuse y’all endure living in those places all year, I’m just not sure I could do it. Much respect for those that do. Will be thinking about you. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk