turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

My Watkins starter kit!

Started by paboxcall, December 24, 2020, 05:20:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paboxcall

I have been wanting a misfit from Marlin for a while now, my preference is a box with a handle. Well, my turn came and I picked this chakte viga over black limba. This thing has a sweet higher front end and rolls over into a nice touch of rasp on the back end of the yelp, and covers all the turkey talk fall or spring.

Its an amazing handled fiddle box, Marlin's attention to detail is crazy good. Imagine the misfit will accompany me on many adventures spring and fall in the years to come.

Here's the mac ebony over pear fiddle I traded for with a great OG member last year. Two new and incredible box calls added to the line up now.

"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

packmule

3bailey3

sbbow

Very nice set right there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

His misfit's are awesome calls along with his fiddleboxes

Tom007

Great looking calls PA. I'm sure the Tom's will roll with them......be safe
"Solo hunter"

tlh2865

Great calls! That Mac and Pear sure is a looker

Yoder409

Good stuff, John Boy !!!!

I need to have you ride along next time I run out to Marlin's.............      That is.........if your heart and wallet could tolerate it.   It's harder to leave his shop than it is for a 5 year old to leave the water park.   I know I've left a WHOLE LOT more great calls behind than I've brought home.  Kinda like puppies.  You want to bring em ALL home, but...........

Congrats on your newest addition.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

paboxcall

Thanks Yoder and thanks everyone! I'll make a run with you and I'll take a pocket full of cash.

I also have a yellowheart / black limba from Mike at Spring Creek that's been in my vest for a few years that really yelps and cutts, another terrific short box.

Black limba makes an incredible box IMHO.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Sir-diealot

Nice looking calls, congratulations on some great calls.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

GobbleGitr

Marlin has the magic touch for sure!  I have a mix of old and new calls from him, each is woods worthy!

UNICOI GOLD

Definitely off to a good start there