turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New Lightning Strike mini boats - Ralph Snodgrass

Started by paboxcall, August 07, 2020, 07:20:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paboxcall

Couple of new Lightning Strikes! Two new smoking box calls stuffed full of feathers. Hard to beat new mini boats coming out of Ralph Snodgrass famous shop.

The first mini boat is a mac ebony over reclaimed chestnut, which is already sold. The other mini is cherry over Alaskan yellow cedar, with matching yellow cedar inlays in the paddle. This one is available, so give him a ring. Won't be wasted time talking with one of the great old masters of turkey call making, even if you don't order a box.

If you aren't familiar with the mini boat style, you can search 'mini boat' here on OG and see what they can do. They are just bad turkey medicine.

"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Greg Massey

Sir-diealot

What is under the boat paddle in the first picture bud? Just got one in from him yesterday by the way, my first from him and it sounds very good to me.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

paboxcall

Quote from: Sir-diealot on August 07, 2020, 07:31:40 PM
What is under the boat paddle in the first picture bud? Just got one in from him yesterday by the way, my first from him and it sounds very good to me.

Congrats on the new call Steve. That's a little slate Ralph makes, he only makes a couple each year. There's been one in my vest for dozen or more years, and it hasn't missed a day in the turkey woods.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Sir-diealot

Quote from: paboxcall on August 07, 2020, 07:48:17 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on August 07, 2020, 07:31:40 PM

Congrats on the new call Steve. That's a little slate Ralph makes, he only makes a couple each year. There's been one in my vest for dozen or more years, and it hasn't missed a day in the turkey woods.
Thank you. Neat looking little call, I take it by the looks it is a soft talker?
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

paboxcall

Yeah, I'd consider it a soft talker but if I could carry just one call it might be that. Cool little call.

crow

Couple of nice ones right there, somebody will be happy with them

those slate boxes are full of turkey, only "pot" call I've carried the last several years

sbbow

Congrats on a great pair !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jgard

Mathews.1

I'm making a trip to Ralph's shop next weekend. Can't wait to meet him and to play his calls.

tlh2865

I just got a matched set of butternut and osage paddle and mini-paddle fro Ralph. Good boxes and a great guy to talk to

EZ

Quote from: paboxcall on August 07, 2020, 07:20:13 PM
Couple of new Lightning Strikes! Two new smoking box calls stuffed full of feathers. Hard to beat new mini boats coming out of Ralph Snodgrass famous shop.

The first mini boat is a mac ebony over reclaimed chestnut, which is already sold. The other mini is cherry over Alaskan yellow cedar, with matching yellow cedar inlays in the paddle. This one is available, so give him a ring. Won't be wasted time talking with one of the great old masters of turkey call making, even if you don't order a box.

If you aren't familiar with the mini boat style, you can search 'mini boat' here on OG and see what they can do. They are just bad turkey medicine.

Great old master of turkey call making as well as turkey hunting. "Snozz" is an ambassador of all things turkey and turkey hunting and a fun guy to be around.
Get him together with Ernie Fetters and it's a tough pair to beat!!!

Yoder409

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Beards and Hooks

Great looking calls congratulations

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk