turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

NRA Lawsuit

Started by silvestris, August 06, 2020, 01:47:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkeyman

Unless you're blind, one can't help but wonder how, making a low to mid six figure salary, a person can accrue multi-million dollar estates as they do. Doesn't add up. To say nothing about the additional perks....the average guy will never be able to hunt the places they do, as guests. Not unlike politicians who have never been anything other than a politician on mid-income salaries and now, years later, are multi-millionaires. I only hope that, in the end, the NRA is still our mouthpiece...we can't be without a national organization for our second amendment rights. Lesser organizations...NWTF, Pheasants Forever, Grouse Society et al just don't cut it. Over the years the NRA has been the only forefront organization.

guesswho

:popcorn:I suspect they will survive, reorganize and make some key internal changes.   I'm guessing they will then keep a clean slate for a while.  Then temptation will get the best of some high level associate, then someone else and so on until it's brought to the public's attention again.     Then it will be time to wash, rinse and repeat, again.   At some point there may even be a name change involved to try and shed the organizations negativity of the past.   American gun owners ARE, the NRA!  I'm not sure the Lib's or anyone else is powerful enough to disband us.   At least without a H of a fight.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

silvestris

"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

idgobble

Quote from: silvestris on August 09, 2020, 12:53:39 AM
https://www.courthousenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/nra-ny.pdf

The PRELIMINARY STATEMENT starting on p.1 lays it all out. A lot of this was obvious 10-15 years ago to anyone watching closely.

trkehunr93

The bottom line is if fraudulent activity has occurred and based off of the leadership that has been leaving the organization something occurred then new leadership needs to be put in place and auditing needs to improve drastically.  Dissolving an organization based off of this is a bit drastic and equates to finger pointing, is this is what the NY AG's office feels it needs to do then it needs to look into it's own govt. at the local, state and federal level as well.  Probably needs to be some dissolving there but thats not how you address it.  You remove those responsible and replace them with confident, honest and responsible people who are willing to follow rules and be held accountable.  My  :z-twocents:

idgobble

I don't know how accurate the figure is but this is circulating on the net:  "The NRA stole $63 million from its members.  Apparently owning a gun doesn't really protect you getting robbed."  There probably is an amount that has been figured as a result of the investigation.

zelmo1

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on August 07, 2020, 10:08:32 AM
We need the NRA to fight for our rights that are constantly under attack. We don't need the greedy crook LaPierre or his cronies. While there are other gun rights organizations, none of them have the clout or numbers that the NRA does.
With that being said, I'm a lifetime and endowment member of the NRA, but they won't get another penny of my money until they dump LaPierre and his band of thieves.

Sent from deep in the woods where the critters roam.
I agree wholeheartedly. I work 60-70 hours a week and do upgrade my "Lifetime" membership whenever I can because I believe in the cause. People have lost sight of the #1reason we are in the NRA, to protect our 2nd amendment rights. The cause is bigger than the individual. True believers don't need mansions and all that fancy crap. Clean house and get back on track, PLEASE.

sixbird

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on August 07, 2020, 10:08:32 AM
We need the NRA to fight for our rights that are constantly under attack. We don't need the greedy crook LaPierre or his cronies. While there are other gun rights organizations, none of them have the clout or numbers that the NRA does.
With that being said, I'm a lifetime and endowment member of the NRA, but they won't get another penny of my money until they dump LaPierre and his band of thieves.

Sent from deep in the woods where the critters roam.
Exactly how I feel.
It kills me to let my membership lapse but I felt I had to do it.
I have absolutely no problem with keeping them straight but I have no interest in paying dues so Wayne can go on vacation and buy $2,000 suits. And now, a countersuit to keep Wayne in his position. I can't bring myself to fund all that.
I joined Gun Owners Of America a few years ago and split my support between both of them. Last year I changed to funding only GOA after this LaPeirre stuff came out.
I'll continue that until they get Wayne and his buddies out.
I hope his indiscretions don't bring down the NRA. We need them.
As a side note, I contacted NRA three times regarding this issue and got no response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

howl

NRA has gone sideways for greed. They have no intention of giving up control of their cash cow. This and actively working toward gun control when it suits them is too much.

Groups like Gun Owners of America do more with less. Your state level organizations are as important because they fight groups like NRA who support gun control legislation.

Cowboy

If we lose the NRA, we can kiss our guns goodbye. Period. Just a stepping stone for the Liberal Gun Grab. I'm not saying they are overpaid, but we need our voice in DC to be heard. Liberals want us squabbling amongst ourselves. Divide and conquer. :z-twocents:

slicksbeagles1

Cowboy I agree! If everything is true as some have said clean house and get new leadership. Liberals are behind all the unrest in our country now. One of my best friends which was a retired Army Sargent from the World War II era always said 3 things would happen 1st we needed to protect our borders ( one thing they teach in the military) 2nd was that they would try to take out guns away so we would be like the foreign countries where the government is the only ones that have them and all we have is rocks and bricks to fight with and 3rd that there would be another civil war here that would make the first one look like a baby. I thought there was no way we'll we're on the verge now.