turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

NRA Lawsuit

Started by silvestris, August 06, 2020, 01:47:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PalmettoRon

The attorney general of NY definitely has an agenda to take down the NRA which has been the chief lobbying force for gun rights for years. I have no problem in her going after the leadership if what she alleges is true. I'm a Life Member of the NRA, but if Wayne LaPierre has been misusing funds, I have zero problem with taking him down and prosecuting him. The libs want way more than this. They do want your guns.

RutnNStrutn

We need the NRA to fight for our rights that are constantly under attack. We don't need the greedy crook LaPierre or his cronies. While there are other gun rights organizations, none of them have the clout or numbers that the NRA does.
With that being said, I'm a lifetime and endowment member of the NRA, but they won't get another penny of my money until they dump LaPierre and his band of thieves.

Sent from deep in the woods where the critters roam.

Old Timer

The NRA was in a lot of turmoil when Wayne took over. Pretty good in house battle.It`s alright to investigate any conservative group but liberal organizations it`s hands off. I`m not condoning what is going on with the NRA but this is pretty well politically  timed. The Fuehrer of NYS hates the organization and has deemed it a criminal offense to do business with the NRA. That in itself is wrong,crickets on the media part of that. I`m not giving up on the NRA, GOA or America. God bless

Big Guy

Quote from: Old Timer on August 07, 2020, 12:02:44 PM
The NRA was in a lot of turmoil when Wayne took over. Pretty good in house battle.It`s alright to investigate any conservative group but liberal organizations it`s hands off. I`m not condoning what is going on with the NRA but this is pretty well politically  timed. The Fuehrer of NYS hates the organization and has deemed it a criminal offense to do business with the NRA. That in itself is wrong,crickets on the media part of that. I`m not giving up on the NRA, GOA or America. God bless

If this was politically timed by the Democrats, it was poorly timed right before the election.  All this will do is get Republicans fired up and out to vote.  I think it would have been wiser on Democrats part to wait until after the election to roll this out

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Tail Feathers

Don't miss the big disturbing point of all this.  A state govt with deep pockets is suing (not criminally charging which prosecutors normally do) a political foe in hopes of destroying them financially.
This is very disturbing. 
The reckless spending of money is a matter for the board of directors to address (and I wish they would).  LaPierre should have been gone but that didn't happen and the board hasn't changed anything.  Wayne needs to be gone and they need to reorganize without a doubt.  But unless a criminal complaint has been filed, the state of NY has no business in this.  This is politics, a state against a political foe and it stinks.
We NEED an NRA to speak for gun owners and all Americans.  The state of NY saw a weakness and is trying to destroy it.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Mossberg90MN

Quote from: Old Timer on August 07, 2020, 12:02:44 PM
Yea very true... liberal organizations get off Scott free no matter what. Only conservative groups get brought into question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigriverbum

Quote from: Tail Feathers on August 07, 2020, 01:32:56 PM
Don't miss the big disturbing point of all this.  A state govt with deep pockets is suing (not criminally charging which prosecutors normally do) a political foe in hopes of destroying them financially.
This is very disturbing. 
The reckless spending of money is a matter for the board of directors to address (and I wish they would).  LaPierre should have been gone but that didn't happen and the board hasn't changed anything.  Wayne needs to be gone and they need to reorganize without a doubt.  But unless a criminal complaint has been filed, the state of NY has no business in this.  This is politics, a state against a political foe and it stinks.
We NEED an NRA to speak for gun owners and all Americans.  The state of NY saw a weakness and is trying to destroy it.

it's quite scary. people of certain political leanings are willing to do whatever it takes to silence those they disagree with.  some day they'll piss enough people off and get the fight they're looking for.  then they'll immediately cry "foul" 

Tail Feathers

And the NY taxpayers are funding the demise of their own (and our) 2A rights thru this lawsuit.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

fallhnt

Is the NRA doing something worse than the NWTF?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

tracker#1

"Divide and conquer"... now is not the time for "negatively" ... Where I live we had a large political statewide pro-gun/ 2nd admenment group, fractally dislove from "infighting" and false accusations of leaders. You may disagree with the NRA and their policies, that's your right, but they are your last stand of defense. Now is the time to come together and STAND, not kneel...

nyhunter

Well I hope the NY attorney General Investigates our Dictator Andrew Cuomo  and ALL of the legislators because there all very guilty of what there claiming the NRA of doing.      Remember when Dictator Cuomo formed a committee to investigate FRAUD in N.Y and they immediately start investigating HIM because of his MAFIA connections and all the illegal Dealings he is doin!!!!!!!!!!!   All of this is a smoke screen .

Hoot 000

A lot of screwed-up mess going on nowadays, NRA is a good organization if it were ran right. Having said that we need them to fight for us because the Liberals intend to take the guns I believe that everyone here knows that, who else is going to Washington and fight for us gun owners,? All organizations when they reach a certain status has abuse just like our government they no longer care what we think or anything else about us it's about power.!

NCL

Not sure I even understand the point of this suit since it appears to be civil in nature, even if NY has standing to file the suit and if they become successful in the outcome it would a state decision only effecting that state. NRA just moves to a new state and recharters. As stated what is the point other than a waste of court time and state resources.

PalmettoRon

There does seem to be a lot of smoke around LaPierre. He may well need to go and anyone else if they are misusing funds. The NRA needs to survive and thrive. Trump had a good idea--move the NRA to Texas. Last business to leave NY, turn out the lights. I feel sorry for the good folks of upstate NY that have to put up with all the BS from NYC and Albany. It's a beautiful state. Had a great turkey hunt in a really pretty rural area near Cooperstown this Spring. Everyone I met loathed Cuomo.

kytrkyhntr

The NRA is a joke. They don't care about your guns. All they want is cash.
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story