only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

A little lipstick...

Started by Tarheel, July 24, 2020, 06:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarheel

Let's try a little color......

Tarheel

I think I like the color on this one a little better.....

This scratchbox has one of the best gobbler yelps and gobbler clucks I've ever heard from a scratchbox....even if I did make it myself LOL!!!  This one stays with me.....

Tarheel

I couldn't resist the urge to keep messing with it, so......

greentrout

Marvin those look great! I like the color added.
Looking to buy Allen Dunfee scratch boxes.

turkey stew

Marvin, That color really brings those gobblers to life!

Tarheel

Yes, I kind'a like the color, too....and I got a little carried away!  Oh, well, it is what it is.....but this batch is what I'm taking to Unicoi.  Next week I'm going to apply the finish to them, and see if I can't get them all finished up.  Then it's on to other things.....LOL!!!

3bailey3

Very nice Marvin, that purple really kicks it off!!

greentrout

Looking to buy Allen Dunfee scratch boxes.

callmakerman

Outstanding batch of calls.

Tarheel

Thank you for all the compliments and support!  I appreciate the encouragement.  Unicoi is just 3 weeks away, and I've got all the calls for Unicoi packed up and ready to go.  This is a first for me....normally I'm working to the last minute to get calls finished.  This year I've tried to work smarter and travel light....LOL!!! Several years ago, I purchased a couple of vintage Hartmann leather suitcases for transporting turkey calls, and I've got both suitcases stuffed full with turkey calls. 

turkey stew

Have an awesome time at Unicoi. I wish I was going.

Steve

Tarheel

Today I was trying to finalize what calls I'm taking to Unicoi.  I don't have anyone in the immediate family interested in collecting turkey calls, so everything I make is subject to be for sale.  Here are the first two scratchboxes I carved..... numbered #1 and #2.  I made 12 Honduras rosewood scratchboxes in 2006; and after I retired in 2018, I found them and decided I would try doing some woodcarving.  One thing led to another, and I was soon making turkey calls again.....LOL!!! 

Tarheel

Oh, well....this one isn't going to make the trip to Unicoi.....

Tarheel

I'm a big fan of Roger Parks's gobbler pot calls, and I always try to spend as much time as I can visiting with him at Unicoi.  For hunting fall gobblers, I think Roger's calls are hard to beat.  North Carolina doesn't have a fall turkey hunting season, but I try to follow along and keep up with the fall turkey hunt reports from the folks that do fall hunt.  If ever I get the opportunity to do any fall turkey hunting, I have the calls to hunt with.  I make a slightly larger scratchbox that I call my Gobbler Box to use to hunt gobblers in the fall....and in the spring, too, but please don't share that information with anyone.   I took two of my gobbler boxes to Unicoi to show Roger.  Now I have to make him one.  I'll have to post a sound file on Sound File Central....it's all GOBBLER!!!  Here is a picture of my two gobbler boxes.