OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Trumpet DK#5 - w/removable mouth piece

Started by 55dougie, July 09, 2014, 11:24:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

55dougie

Folks, this one was fun....

Stained poplar and brass fittings which enable an interchangeable mouth piece.  It was a proto-type of sorts as I was not sure how it would turn out.  I like the more classic lines.

DK#5

thanks for looking, DK
Doug. ~ a.k.a. 55dougie

Please check out my web site at: http://drkorn55.wix.com/dougkornsworkshop

SCGobbler

That's cool.  I like the way the mouthpiece is threaded.  I am scared to death of losing my mouthpieces that are pressure fitted!
The SC Gobbler

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters.
                    —Archibald Rutledge

ConoverCustomCalls

I am new to making trumpets. What did you use for the copper fittings on this call you made?

Southerngobbler

Quote from: SCGobbler on July 09, 2014, 12:23:46 PM
That's cool.  I like the way the mouthpiece is threaded.  I am scared to death of losing my mouthpieces that are pressure fitted!
I just learned recently some folks wear a lanyard for their call and another lanyard for their mouth piece. Maybe everyone already new this but it sounded good to me. Certainly prefer the screw in myself but do own some push ins as well.

ChesterCopperpot

I'm with you on the traditional lines. I'm not much on the curvy genie bottle shape. And that poplar looks outstanding stained! Got a dark oak or cherry look to it.

EZ

2nd 100

Slick rig there Mr Doug ! And I'm sure if you showing it , it passed your test for being good enough to kill some turkeys look good doing it . I still say my 2 from you arevas good an investment as almost any I have bought throughout the years since  I got my first from you .