OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Rng200 vs rng300 Turkey vest

Started by DirtNap647, April 23, 2021, 04:29:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DirtNap647

Can anyone tell me  what the difference is between the rng200 and 300. Thinking on trying one of these vest cant find a 300 but can get a 200 wondering if it's worth the wait

ScottTaulbee

I've had both, the 300 has a larger backpack area, large enough for a Montana miss perfect decoy, a water bladder, shears, etc as well as more pockets on the inside for pot calls, could probably hold 10+, extra gloves, masks, etc, 2 pot call pockets, a box call pocket, a waterproof pocket, 2 extra pockets with shell loops. The 200 has enough room in the backpack for a water bladder and maybe a pen, has 2 pot call pockets, a box call pocket and a pocket for 3 strikers and one extra pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScottTaulbee

I actually have 2 300's I'd consider letting go of one.  One in Realtree extra used one season, one in mossy oak obsession used half a season.

bbcoach

Dtrkyman

I have a 200, lil on the small side for storage, I bought a cheap molle pouch that attches on the left side, put my clippers in it and could add other things as well, I do not use a bladder so the back pack can store a fair amount of extras.

Not familiar with the 300.

DirtNap647

Is the 300 physically bigger. I dont need many pockets. 

Dazzler

Hasn't been mentioned but the 200 has shock cord on the backpack. 300 has 2 horizontal straps with buckles for compression or strapping gear.

I will say the stitching quality on the 200 or 300 I've owned were equally bad especially in the pot call holders.

RED NECK

I have owned both,I bought the rng 200 first and really liked the layout but I found it was just a tad small for storing what I like so I bought the 300 and sent the 200 back,this was 2018? I still have the 300 and It has been one of my favorites,I don't think I used it last season but did in 18-19. I definitely like the 300 more,just has a better pocket/more pockets layout and more room in "backpack"  It is now just a extra piece of gear in a storage bin for me. 
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

Sungrazer

Many videos on YouTube reviewing the two vest, some good ones from Knight & Hale even that will give you a better idea of size, features, differences. That's what I looked at before I ordered the 300 in March. As my first vest it does what I want, but when I first saw the craftsmanship I was a bit disappointed. IMO they are all made in probably the same sweatshop and I've never been a fan of Chinese junk. The few others I had been able to look at in person were the same quality. Loose threads drive me nuts, they will become a bigger problem if not taking care of with a lighter.