OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Prepping for turkey season so had open heart surgery 9-16-20 UPDATE LONGBEARD!

Started by MDSTRUTNRUT, September 25, 2020, 09:12:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1iagobblergetter

Good luck to you..Sounds like you have a great attitude about the whole thing. Glad you got a second chance to be able to change some of your old ways. Life is short anyway you look at it..

MDSTRUTNRUT

I do have another lease on life and need to make some changes NOW.     Looking forward to getting back in the woods plus other enjoyable pastimes.    MANY THANKS for all the thoughts and prayers.   

Cowboy

Sounds like you were very lucky and you're on the road to recovery.  God bless you and best wishes for ya

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Bowguy

Good luck to ya and I'm glad things are getting better

Kylongspur88

Glad your on the mend and good call on going to the doctor. My dad had similar symptoms years ago and had a quadruple bypass. Said the worst part was the chest pain from the sternum and ribs healing. Sad to say it but my uncle and grandad both had symptoms they should have got checked and aren't here anymore. It's no joke

derek

That's a rough go, glad to hear things are getting better.  Best of luck through the healing process, them turkeys are in trouble!
www.youtube.com/thebaysidelegion

www.thebaysidelegion.com

MDSTRUTNRUT

Well I'm 20 pounds lighter and still kicking after a few setbacks runnin well walkin anyways the woods  and  got a longbeard yesterday.    As for setbacks had a bloodclot in my left leg at the vein harvest site, 1200 ml fluid drained off my left lung(coughed my guts out) and my sternum bone has never fused.  Surgeon said  we can (if I would like) take me apart shave the bones and wire me back up  and hope it fuses this time.   It's not moving  or clicking, wires still tight and doesn't bother me much so decided to hold off for now.  Now to the gobbler, worked this bird off roost 3 days in a row and we had him inside 40 each day but thick and never offered a clean shot.  Yesterday moved on field edge to change call locations but left us silhouetted so the 2 longbeards   had us pinned down even tho they were 12 yards but just too thick and they kept moving.   They went back and circled gobblin like crazy behind my daughter and hard to my left but even thicker.   20 yards strutter wouldn't clear but his guard and lookout gave me a hurried shot as he turned to go back again.  After all the heart fun last fall it sure felt GOOD to be in the woods with family hearing those gobbles then carrying home a gobbler.   THANKS AGAIN for all your prayers and thoughts, I am truly BLESSED!

MDSTRUTNRUT

MDSTRUTNRUT

Sir-diealot

Congratulations to you and prayer for your continued health.

Edit: I love that second image.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

JeffC

Glad to hear your able to keep after them Tom's. Always look foreword to your family pictures. Thanks for sharing.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

WV Flopper

That is awesome, so glad to hear. Good for you!

You are a better man than I. I would have played that up a little, there is no way I would have carried that turkey out.????

3bailey3

Congrats on your health and the bird, great pics also, thanks for sharing!