Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Ladies & gentleman !!! Let me introduce .................

Started by Yoder409, June 18, 2020, 09:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoder409

The cat's outta the bag.  But here's the shot of the bottom of this great paddle caller.

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

3bailey3

310 gauge

Looks mighty Sweet!!!  Great wood combo also. I do love me some Long Boxes. Can't wait to hear one!

Yoder409

Quote from: 310 gauge on June 19, 2020, 11:00:05 PM
Looks mighty Sweet!!!  Great wood combo also. I do love me some Long Boxes. Can't wait to hear one!

I wish I had the ability to do a sound file........
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

packmule

Quote from: Spring Creek Calls on June 19, 2020, 08:05:01 AM
That looks to be a long box, I'd say a fine young man from WA, Toby K

Dang Mike! Not sure how you pulled my name out of the hat on this one, you didn't have much info to work with. My mouth dropped as I scrolled down through the first few comments here!

packmule

Yoder, thank you for the kind words and for posting this up.  I'm really happy to hear that you like the call.

I appreciate all the compliments on this thread and in the various pm's I've received today. I've really enjoyed working on these longboxes over the past few years and am finally getting to where I'm happy with the turkey sounds they are producing.  Thanks again all, this really is a great site!

Yoder409

Toby.......... 

You are welcome.  But your hard work has earned you every kind word and compliment.   They are well-deserved.   It has been my absolute pleasure talking to you throughout and I wish you a long and enjoyable journey as a callmaker.   Your success is a given.
PA elitist since 1979

Spring Creek Calls

Quote from: packmule on June 19, 2020, 11:42:35 PM
Quote from: Spring Creek Calls on June 19, 2020, 08:05:01 AM
That looks to be a long box, I'd say a fine young man from WA, Toby K

Dang Mike! Not sure how you pulled my name out of the hat on this one, you didn't have much info to work with. My mouth dropped as I scrolled down through the first few comments here!

When you started selling your calls from prominent callmakers (which I bought a couple) I knew you were "there" with your calls. If you have a list started put me on it, congratulations Toby!
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Rapscallion Vermilion

Here is another example of Toby's beautiful work which I post with his permission as it is "only" a prototype:  a very fine osage/mineral poplar paddle that sounds as good as it looks and I am proud to own.

Everything Yoder said is spot on. Toby is a perfectionist with his workmanship and most importantly the fine tuning of his calls.  So glad to see your debut here my friend.

Yoder409

Quote from: Rapscallion Vermilion on June 20, 2020, 09:40:55 AM
Here is another example of Toby's beautiful work which I post with his permission as it is "only" a prototype:  a very fine osage/mineral poplar paddle that sounds as good as it looks and I am proud to own.

Everything Yoder said is spot on. Toby is a perfectionist with his workmanship and most importantly the fine tuning of his calls.  So glad to see your debut here my friend.

Great lookin' call RV !!!!!!!!

Like I said in my OP.................. reckon we'll be seeing Mr Toby's name a lot more around here.
PA elitist since 1979

paboxcall

"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Chris O

jed clampett

I talked to Toby and listened to some soundfiles and he sent me a video...well..I just had to purchase a cedar/butternut..it sounded mighty fine and I can't wait to get it!!

Hoot 000

Yoder409

Quote from: jed clampett on June 22, 2020, 08:06:36 AM
I talked to Toby and listened to some soundfiles and he sent me a video...well..I just had to purchase a cedar/butternut..it sounded mighty fine and I can't wait to get it!!

You won't be disappointed.
PA elitist since 1979