OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Remmy 11-87 greenleaf camo repair

Started by bear1998, June 07, 2020, 05:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bear1998

Good mornin.....newbie to the forum here.
I have a 11-87 that is prestine except on the receiver (opposite of bolt side). I would to know if there is a way i can touch the camo up...or maybe theres other suggestions. THANKS MUCH

Dr Juice

I have the same gun and would leave it alone. The wear on a turkey gun tells stories of the mileage walked and turkeys harvested.

Ozarks Hillbilly

It would be tough to do. I have the same gun. I did however give mine a coat of flat clear coat. It seems to have help prevent further wear.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

1iagobblergetter

I have 12 of the old school camo guns and would leave it alone also.

bear1998

okay guys...the consensus wins..il leave it be....

Dr Juice

3bailey3

Tom007

You could always sell it to me? LOL. Just kidding, great gun. Would love to find one like that.....
"Solo hunter"

bear1998

Its amazing at the guns that you'd purchase ..at the time....that you would never imagined that would be so
sought after...

Tom007

That's one of the beauties....tough to get. Great gun....
"Solo hunter"

Ozarks Hillbilly

If I would have only known to buy up those original Bottomland and Greenleaf 870's 11-87's along with Bob Dixon vests.

agent eight seven O

Just think. Some piece of turkey hunting gear that is readily available today will be hard to come by 25 years from now. Should I go out and buy a V3 turkey pro?

Ozarks Hillbilly

Quote from: agent eight seven O on June 17, 2020, 03:04:43 PM
Just think. Some piece of turkey hunting gear that is readily available today will be hard to come by 25 years from now. Should I go out and buy a V3 turkey pro?
Better wait until they offer it in original Bottomland or Greenleaf

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Tom007

Wanted to mention something I learned the hard way, but not bad. I am a lefty shooter, I carry my gun with sling on left shoulder. I noticed some very minor scratches on the camo on my SBE in similar areas that your gun had the scratches. So I had my wife look at the gun while I had it on my shoulder, she noticed it was rubbing against a plastic strap buckle on my vest. It definitely was rubbing the gun when I walked, and eventually would have worn through the camo. I put some rubber tape around the buckle,  problem solved. Shared this in case anyone sees similar scratches on their guns. Be safe, enjoy....
"Solo hunter"