OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hevi-7's perform better than Nitro's for me.

Started by drenalinld, May 16, 2011, 11:53:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ILIKEHEVI-13

Thanks.  What length barrel did you get?  Mine is a 28" barrel.  

If you want, I can tell you how I polished my barrel..  I also polished my chamber to slick it up.  It cycles shells so much smoother now.  

I used JB Bore-Brite and I finished with the Mothers Chrome & Wheel Polish.  I think that Mothers stuff puts the finishing touches to make a barrel shine like nothing else.  

drenalinld

It's a 28" tube also. Is your polishing method different than the sticky here? If so, I would love to hear your method.

ILIKEHEVI-13

It's pretty much the same as the one here.  But like I said I polished my chamber a little to slick it up.

And I finished with the Mothers after the JB.  The Mothers is just a finer polisher than the JB.   

ILIKEHEVI-13

And I move my drill real slow in and out with the rod and brush. 

stinkpickle

The chamber polishing is a good idea if you're gonna play with Nitros in that 835.   ;)

ILIKEHEVI-13

I'll add that I didn't use the empty hull to insert my rod through.  You really don't need the hull anyway.  But I see the point.  

I did my 835 with a cordless drill.  Went through one battery and then went through another.

I now have an electric drill that should even be better than the cordless drill for polishing.  More power and faster.  

I may have to use it on my 835 just to see if it will improve any.  But the way it has been shooting I can't see messing with it.  

drenalinld

I don't plan to try the Nitro's in the 835 - just H-13 and my own hand loads.

ILIKEHEVI-13

And don't worry about how many passes you make.  Just go real slow forwards and backwards and let drill and the stuff do the work.  

ILIKEHEVI-13

And I want to see some patterns with that 835 afterwards ok.  Your gonna be amazed if you can find a Star Dot choke or just get a Pure Gold .670 and they shoot about as good. 

ILIKEHEVI-13

And I wanted to show you my most even 10" pattern I think I have shot with my 835 although the 10" count is less than the other two I posted already. 

drenalinld

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on May 17, 2011, 11:33:41 AM
And I want to see some patterns with that 835 afterwards ok.  Your gonna be amazed if you can find a Star Dot choke or just get a Pure Gold .670 and they shoot about as good. 
It won't be soon hevi, but I will shoot a couple before patterns and then after polishing as well.

ILIKEHEVI-13

No problem.  I need to get out and shoot my 835 since I put the new TruGlo sight on it. 

mmusso

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on May 17, 2011, 12:15:11 PM
No problem.  I need to get out and shoot my 835 since I put the new TruGlo sight on it. 

Sorry to momentarily hijack this thread, but I'm really looking forward to hearing how this sight holds up when you shoot it. I've been eyeing them for a while now, but have been hesitant to buy one for each of my guns without hearing more reviews. Please let me know.
Thanks, Matt

ILIKEHEVI-13

Will do Matt.

I will try and shoot it this weekend. 

beagler

Quote from: drenalinld on May 17, 2011, 11:03:00 AM
Funny thing is, I just picked up a barely used 835 turkey gun for $200 bucks. That's way less than I've spent on ammo trying to get best performance out of SBEII and so far the hevi-7's are tops.
Funny thing is my 835 still outshoots my SBE 2 any day. Tried numerous chokes and loads as well.
Never Misses