OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Camo Dip and drill/tap

Started by 5arraquiver, June 02, 2020, 02:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5arraquiver

Is there a recommendation from anyone for good place to get my m3020 dipped? I'd also like to have it drilled and tapped for a red dot. Is there a one stop shop or better to have different places do the different job?
Thanks!!
Questions? Answer: Jesus

Sir-diealot

I have heard a lot of good about Tarjac and they are near me and have a good reputation locally as well. http://www.tarjac.com/
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Scottf270

Might be easier and cheaper to trade guns.

ShortMagFan

Rob Roberts Custom Gun Works has done dip/cerakote/drill & tap on 2 shotguns for me.  I was satisfied when i got them back and I've used them both for a couple of years now and remain satisfied.

In terms of TarJac, maybe its just me, but I do not want to have to completely disassemble my firearm before sending it in for the work.  Sometimes removing things like sights can require special tools that not everyone has.  I also want whoever does the work on my gun to re-assemble and test for function when the work is complete.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: ShortMagFan on June 02, 2020, 09:15:50 PM
Rob Roberts Custom Gun Works has done dip/cerakote/drill & tap on 2 shotguns for me.  I was satisfied when i got them back and I've used them both for a couple of years now and remain satisfied.

In terms of TarJac, maybe its just me, but I do not want to have to completely disassemble my firearm before sending it in for the work.  Sometimes removing things like sights can require special tools that not everyone has.  I also want whoever does the work on my gun to re-assemble and test for function when the work is complete.
Unless they have changed something they will disable the gun for you for a fee. I can't comment on reassembly though. Just went and found it for you.

"Disassemble all firearms prior to shipping  ** if they are not disassembled prior to shipping there is a $30-$90.00 Fee for disassembly**" Can be found on this page on their site. http://www.tarjac.com/services.html
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

DBuck90

send it to Carolina hydrographics best in the business
I don't know what camo you are wanting but I know he has the contract and does all
The small town hunting Retays also I contacted mossy oak directly and that's who they recommended above anyone to put their pattern on a gun he has an Instagram look him up you will not be disappointed

5arraquiver

Thanks for the reply's and great information!

Brian Fahs

I have a benelli m2 at carolina hydrographics right now to be drilled and tapped for a sumtoy mount and dipped in mossy oak new bottomland camo. Tad has been communicating very well and I am excited to see the finished product.

DBuck90

Quote from: Brian Fahs on June 04, 2020, 04:09:04 PM
I have a benelli m2 at carolina hydrographics right now to be drilled and tapped for a sumtoy mount and dipped in mossy oak new bottomland camo. Tad has been communicating very well and I am excited to see the finished product.
you will not be disappointed Tad is awesome and his works speaks for itself he is just a good ol boy talked to him yesterday for about 30 mins on hog hunting

WV Ridge Reaper

Tad is the man for sure found him 5 years ago and haven't used anyone else since..He's done a lot for me!!Also like it was already said he and mossy oak are tight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wchadw

Tad just finished mine. I had it done by a guy in north ms and it was terrible. Tad re did it. Looks great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BINK McCARTY

Ethridge Hydrographics does a killer job on the dip ,but I don't think they drill&tap. I too have an M3020 and used the Burris base #410333 as it was the lowest and looked the best to me. Good luck!

5arraquiver

Quote from: BINK McCARTY on June 05, 2020, 12:06:45 AM
Ethridge Hydrographics does a killer job on the dip ,but I don't think they drill&tap. I too have an M3020 and used the Burris base #410333 as it was the lowest and looked the best to me. Good luck!
bink that looks great! Thanks for the info!!

BINK McCARTY

Quote from: 5arraquiver on June 06, 2020, 10:36:31 PM
Quote from: BINK McCARTY on June 05, 2020, 12:06:45 AM
bink that looks great! Thanks for the info!!

No problem brother, you can find some of the work Ethridge does by going to their FB page. If I had a gun that was gonna get dipped it WOULD BE  Ethridge. Every time I've sent them a message they've been very prompt in responding.

Roost 1

Mark's ceracoating and EC's hydrographics one stop shop for all your mentioned needs.