OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Benelli click

Started by DBuck90, May 24, 2020, 12:18:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ahfox16

Its happened to me with an SBE a few times hunting both turkey's and waterfowl.  The important thing is to allow the bolt to slam forward when loading.  Every time it happened to me was because I was trying to be quiet loading the gun and riding the bolt forward slowly.  If you do that you must push the bolt forward by hand all the way, or the gun won't fire.  Once it happened to me a few times I figured it out and never had a problem again.

Brian Fahs

Quote from: ahfox16 on May 25, 2020, 07:26:36 AM
Its happened to me with an SBE a few times hunting both turkey's and waterfowl.  The important thing is to allow the bolt to slam forward when loading.  Every time it happened to me was because I was trying to be quiet loading the gun and riding the bolt forward slowly.  If you do that you must push the bolt forward by hand all the way, or the gun won't fire.  Once it happened to me a few times I figured it out and never had a problem again.

So if I ease the bolt forward quietly I can just push the bolt forward firmly to ensure the gun will fire?
I ease my truck door closed quietly to not make noise. I often hunt vertical rough ridges where I use my gun as a walking stick and don't load it till I set up for safety reasons. This is good to know.

kwild835

Quote from: Brian Fahs on May 25, 2020, 05:06:43 PM
Quote from: ahfox16 on May 25, 2020, 07:26:36 AM

So if I ease the bolt forward quietly I can just push the bolt forward firmly to ensure the gun will fire?
I ease my truck door closed quietly to not make noise. I often hunt vertical rough ridges where I use my gun as a walking stick and don't load it till I set up for safety reasons. This is good to know.

No you can not push it forward slowly.  It will stick in the out of battery position.  You have to take you finger and push up on the extractor and it rolls upward into battery.  Very easy to check, I do it right when I sit down on a turkey. I can send you a video via Text msg if ya want just pm me.

snoodcrusher

I've owned several Benellis over the years.  I have a pair of M2s at this time, a 20ga and a 12 ga.  I have never had any Benelli fail to fire.  Ever.  I have always understood how the inertia system works and I keep the action squeaky clean.  And I always take care to properly cycle the bolt into battery.  The Benelli click stories are mainly used by cheap skates to justify not paying $1300 for the best shotgun made. lol !!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VaTuRkStOmPeR

I shoot a Benelli M2 compact.

Drop a shell in the chamber at the truck and hit the shell release to allow the bolt to slam home without at resistance. Additionally, each time I sit down on a Gobbler I swipe the bolt head upward with my pinky finger to ensure it is fully in battery.

That gun kills over 20 gobblers a year and has for several years. I've never had a problem but I also do those two things religiously to prevent any chance of an issue.

The M2 20s are  lightweight powerhouses and there's is no other gun I'd prefer to have in my hands.

ShortMagFan

Quote from: sasquatch1 on May 24, 2020, 07:26:29 AM
Get an aftermarket Wolf +25% spring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
This is what I did. $10 for peace of mind

howl

Quote from: snoodcrusher on May 25, 2020, 08:19:44 PM
I've owned several Benellis over the years.  I have a pair of M2s at this time, a 20ga and a 12 ga.  I have never had any Benelli fail to fire.  Ever.  I have always understood how the inertia system works and I keep the action squeaky clean.  And I always take care to properly cycle the bolt into battery.  The Benelli click stories are mainly used by cheap skates to justify not paying $1300 for the best shotgun made. lol !!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The best shotgun made doesn't require special conditions. Quit playing with that thing and get a Beretta.  Shoot I ran a Mossberg for ten years before it occurred to me to even clean it. :TooFunny:

BINK McCARTY

Make it a policy to visually check the bolt to make sure it's fully engaged. If you can't get yourself in that habit for whatever reason then sell it and get a SBE 3 or a Retay. I've owned a SBE 2 for 10 years and have NEVER ONCE have I encountered the "Benelli click". Is it a flaw and inconvenience? Yes it is, but someone on here said get a Beretta...NO. I've owned Berettas and compared to the Benelli upon cleaning it's a nightmare, all it's parts and locking rings etc... the Benelli blows the majority of the trash out it's barrel and it breaks down into stock&receiver together, barrel& forearm together, and bolt. DONE. CLEAN IT PUT IT BACK TOGETHER AND BANG. I'm not saying Beretta isn't a good gun....the Benelli is just better. IMO.

BINK McCARTY

Quote from: DBuck90 on May 24, 2020, 09:29:53 PM
Quote from: Brian Fahs on May 24, 2020, 06:02:02 PM
I am a new m2 owner my self. It's a 12 gauge with 21 in charge barrel. Strictly a turkey killer. I think I will look into the wolf spring kit. Thanks.
I got on the website and the only spring they showed was for a super 90 I don't know if that's the same as an M2

Go to Midwest Gun Works for Benelli parts. Also Sure Cycle,Roth Performance, GG&G, Taran Tactical, & MOA precision are a few others that offer aftermarket parts for not just Benelli, but other makes as well.

Antleraddict62

Never had it happen, not 1 time in my M2 make sure the bolt is all the way forward!!! Same in a Franchi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom007

Got the original SBE camo with steady grip. If the bolt is closed firmly, it will fire. In the off season, I put a snap cap shell in to take tension off spring. Never had an issue.....Best of luck....
"Solo hunter"

DBuck90

Thanks everyone for all the great comments I can't wait to put her to use next spring and I
Will make sure to check those things and keep it clean

Jstocks

Just use your finger to check to make sure the bolt has rotated up. If you do this when you sit down on a turkey you won't ever have a click.

The Benelli click is an error from the user failing to ensure the bolt is fully closed before attempting to fire the weapon.

cuppednlocked

Didn't read the last post.  The finger trick does the job.

To check if the bolt has rotated and seated fully, use your fingertip to locate the extractor.  If the extractor is out of position simply move the bolt into position.  You don't need to slam the bolt home if you are trying to be quiet.

I have surecycle recoil assemblies in all of my M1 shotguns.  It's never been an issue for me in any hunting situation (duck or turkey).

ChiefBubba

Another completely different problem is I have a couple of duck hunting buddies that shoot Benelli's and sometimes they get in a hurry snap shooting and don't have the gun shouldered good enough and it'll stove pipe a shell on ejection. Friends know they have to have a very good shoulder mount for the inertia to work against. Bubba