Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Any other ideas on a Remington 870 youth with Heavyweight 7's?

Started by ahfox16, February 22, 2020, 04:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmart241

Brwndg

I'm getting 160-190 in a 10" @ 40 shooting 3" Federal HWT 7s w a Carlson LongBeard .568 out of an 11-87 with 21" bbl
"If turkeys could smell, you'd never kill one" - Bud Trenis my turkey hunting mentor & dear friend

Longshanks

Took a bone stock Rem 870 Youth 21"/ Rem Super Full , deep cleaned it and shooting 150's in a 10 @ 40. Sure has been nice to shoot good patterns right out of the box.

Greg Massey

Federal HW 7 and Trulock 565 is the best in my opinion out of my youth 20 ga. 870

tnanh

I had the same problem with inconsistent numbers and inconsistent poi with the fed hwt 7s. Would shoot 170s and then next shot 80s and 90s. Trulock choke would get the highest numbers but everything I tried had inconsistent results. I sold all of my heavyweight because I was so frustrated with them and I went back to shooting hevi 13. My 870 loved hevi 13 7s but the 6s were what I hunted with. It shot very even patterns with the sixes and was consistently in mid to high 120s. Ended up selling it to a friend of mine but I have another one to get ready. I have two single ahot 20s that had the same problem with the heavyweight 7s.