OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Has this ever been tried for the 20 gauge?

Started by R AJ, May 13, 2011, 09:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R AJ

Since the Mossy 835 is a 10 ga bore with a 12 gauge chamber basically, has there ever been a 20 that was bored to 16 gauge and then fitted to 20 ga chamber. I am aware of the over bored inv+, and other such over-bored barrels. It would seem logical that this would give a superior pattern
for the 20.

Doe sanyone know? Just curious.

surehuntsalot

I would love to have something like that as a pet project
sounds like it could be a bird buster
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

SumToy

That would not be hard to do.  You could bore the 20 or just rechamber the 16.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

drenalinld

I have thought about this some as well. Are the Mossy 20's not over-bored as well? It would be a fun project for sure.

How's the recovery going?

R AJ

Quote from: drenalinld on May 14, 2011, 08:52:36 AM
I have thought about this some as well. Are the Mossy 20's not over-bored as well? It would be a fun project for sure.

How's the recovery going?

Recovery is going well as can be expected. It is a wakeup call for us .
The main thing is that I can't get into a bed without discomfort. The old recliner will be my bed for another week I guess.
I have had some weirdo dreams lately though. None whereby I actually got a turkey though.

SumToy

A lot of that would be the barrel. Some barrels have big O.D. I would think the best thing to do would be rechamber.  I may try this on one. I have some stuff to put a barrel together and have a few bolt guns to try it on.  Look out neighbor hood. LoL
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

R AJ

It really should be from an 18 gauge to 20 to be consistent with the 10 ga/ 12 ga gun.

Luke95

Interestig if any one does it it would be very cool
Sumtoy Get Choked