OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

XR VS Fed TSS Patterns

Started by Ol timer, April 17, 2020, 04:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ol timer

Side by Side Winchester XR #6 and Federal#7 @ 25 yards IC .555

huntinsomd

Big difference...even bigger if you could you TSS 9's!

Ol timer

I live in the communist state of NJ smallest size is #7 legally.

Tuffonturkeys

huntinsomd

The TSS will give you a better hunting pattern out to longer distance than the XR, but either would be deadly at that distance.

huntinsomd

I would shoot 1 1/2oz or more of TSS 7 or HW 7 and never look back, unless you never shoot past 40yds. If you don't shoot past about 40yds the XR should be good to go.

DaMitch

Nice patterns for sure.  I think you have 2 very good loads.  Maybe sample at longer range to see if indeed both loads stand up to what you require.

nyhunter

Nice patterns for sure.  I think you have 2 very good loads.  Maybe sample at longer range to see if indeed both loads stand up to what you require.

:agreed:  X2 :icon_thumright:

Ol timer

To answer the longer yards Patterns I have a 12 ga for that, :fud: patterns with the 20 ga.at 35 yards drop off to the low 110 count for xr#6 and around 150 count for the fed tss#7. I like using this 20 ga.late season when the weather get hot in May and I'm walking long days with a light gun.

nyhunter

:icon_thumright:, your all set, thats a good plan,   I do wanna say that both those numbers 110 with XR and 150 with tss 7's will work at 40 no problem. 

BINK McCARTY

Quote from: Ol timer on April 18, 2020, 08:31:14 AM
To answer the longer yards Patterns I have a 12 ga for that, :fud: patterns with the 20 ga.at 35 yards drop off to the low 110 count for xr#6 and around 150 count for the fed tss#7. I like using this 20 ga.late season when the weather get hot in May and I'm walking long days with a light gun.

The 20 gauge using TSS will do anything the 12 will do...only with a few less pellets.

NightHawk24

I can't speak for the Longbeards but I've had nothing but success with the Federal TSS. Both are nice patterns and dead turkeys though

Old Timer