Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Illumination in the flatwoods-My review

Started by chatterbox, February 12, 2011, 07:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tjh24

I just finished reading it last night.  That is an incredible book.  I found thier behavior absolutely amazing.  I have never thought of turkeys of being that way.  They are incredible birds.  I have to admit, I grew attatched to the birds throughout the book.  The author writes in a way thay makes you feel as if you there with him through out the entire process.  This was a great read and extremely enlightening.

bowhunter84

mmusso

Just placed my order as well. Under $7 shipped...   :happy0064:

jshively

I had read this book several years ago and enjoyed it so much I gave it to a my father-in-law.  Just ordered another copy to re-read.  Can not beat $6.95 including shipping.  I would be curious to know how many copies this thread has sold - probably a good spike to regular volume. :)

Mossy517

Quote from: jshively on March 02, 2011, 04:27:17 PM
I had read this book several years ago and enjoyed it so much I gave it to a my father-in-law.  Just ordered another copy to re-read.  Can not beat $6.95 including shipping.  I would be curious to know how many copies this thread has sold - probably a good spike to regular volume. :)

Add one more if anyone is counting...LOL

Whats the shipping time like for those of you who have ordered from closeout books?
HuntingPA... Lacaster, York, Perry and Centre counties

magicman

Quote from: Mossy517 on March 07, 2011, 02:17:29 PM
Quote from: jshively on March 02, 2011, 04:27:17 PM

Add one more if anyone is counting...LOL

Whats the shipping time like for those of you who have ordered from closeout books?

It got to me faster than I thought it would. I got it in about a week.

Finch

I ordered two...one for me and a friend. Can't wait to get it. I'll be slaying them turkeys this spring.  :gobble:

Basser69

Hootowl

I ordered mine yesterday (Thursday), and got 2 books from Closeoutbooks.com, The only thing I really have a Problem with is after I purchased I got an email from them saying My books will arrive in 2 to 4 weeks, Man I wouldn't of order them had I know that, and went with Amazon, But will see I kinda wanted to get it before I left for Kansas, something to read in the Bunk. I have heard alot of Good things about this Book, I am wanting it Now...

Hoot

Got it in about 6 days.....Awesom

handcannon

My wife is a librarian. I told her to look in the system and see if they have it or can get it. If not I gave her a link you guys provided and told her to just order it. Think I may just change my mind and just order a copy for myself if you guys say its good enough to re read. Not many books I have ever read were worth going through a second time. Must be a good one. Thanks for the topic.

HoleInTheWall Longbeard

Quote from: camp man on February 13, 2011, 07:46:33 PM
I like it too.... I bought it on advice given from Tom Kelly from one of his books. It's a really good book.

Same here...about two years ago. Excellent read.

ElkTurkMan

BoWhoop

Quote from: Hootowl on March 12, 2011, 07:55:43 PM
I ordered mine yesterday (Thursday), and got 2 books from Closeoutbooks.com, The only thing I really have a Problem with is after I purchased I got an email from them saying My books will arrive in 2 to 4 weeks, Man I wouldn't of order them had I know that, and went with Amazon 
Hoot

It comes alot quicker than they say.

Got mine and finished it.  I thought it was a great read if you are at all interested in wild turkey behavior. 

Hootowl

I just got my copy yesterday, and have a hard time putting it down, The bad thing about this is I had plans on taking it to Kansas with me to read, It will be done by this weekend,  Ok Give me some others That are good reads on Turkey.......Great Book So Far,   

Hoot