OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey jalapeno poppers recipe

Started by tomstopper, April 09, 2020, 11:24:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RED NECK

Here is another one of my favorite wild turkey recipes-
-baby tomoatoes
-mushrooms
-onions
-bacon
-cubed venison
-cubed wild turkey breast

I marinate these in a honey garlic bbq sauce and then I'll throw them on the bbq in about 1 hr. I'll enjoy these this evening with rice, while enjoying a cold Molson Canadian and some Buffalo Bills football.GO BILLS!!!
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

RED NECK

These were so good, such a great recipe that I came across a few years back from an old high school Buddy.

RED NECK

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on January 23, 2022, 07:45:19 PM
These were so good, such a great recipe that I came across a few years back from an old high school Buddy.
We topped this off with some homemade lemon cake and some dark roast regular coffee. What a great day It has been so far in the kitchen!

RED NECK

The poppers are ready for the oven this evening,here is the recipe I used this morning.

-Applewood smoked bacon
-Hickory smoked bacon
-Herb & Garlic cream cheese
-Chilli powder & Brown sugar mix
-Brown sugar(sprinkled on top)
-Mixture of peppers,including Jalepeno's.

Gooserbat

I've actually changed my recipe.

Slice the turkey thin.
Lay down the bacon and then the turkey slice.
Mix one block of regular cream cheese, 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese, fine chopped onion and chopped jalapeno peppers. (Additional sweet bell peppers are optional)
Spoon about a tspoon of the mixture on top of the meat and roll into pinwheel and secure with a wooden toothpick.
Broil in oven until done.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

RED NECK

That recipe sounds great,Ill have to try it. I have used a mix of roasted red pepper and herb & garlic cream cheese and It was my favorite but they did not have any roasted pepper cream chesse at the grocery store when I was there, I have tried the jalepeno's cut up and mixed in creme cheese before once with the poppers. I also make a "nacho dip" that usually I mix in the two types of creme chese and grated cheese along with salsa.I should try it on these next time.

ScottTaulbee

Take your turkey and wrap it in bacon, grill as normal. Dice up your jalapeño's. In a small sauce pan put in the block of cream cheese and heat on medium high until melted, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking, add in your jalapeño to the melted cream cheese. Remove from heat and let cool. Dip your bacon wrapped turkey in your cream cheese and jalapeño dip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RED NECK

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on January 24, 2022, 02:12:00 PM
The poppers are ready for the oven this evening,here is the recipe I used this morning.

-Applewood smoked bacon
-Hickory smoked bacon
-Herb & Garlic cream cheese
-Chilli powder & Brown sugar mix
-Brown sugar(sprinkled on top)
-Mixture of peppers,including Jalepeno's.
These were excellent last night.I served them with some pasta, I went and dropped off the remaining shisk kabobs and poppers at my Uncle's for him to enjoy this morning.I kept a few for myself to snack on here in a bit.

RED NECK

Here is the last of the bird, I pre cooked the leg meat the other day.

-Hickory bbq sauce
-Worchester
-Pepper & Salt
-Mushrooms
-Onion
-Mixture of peppers.

I sauteed the mushrooms,onion,peppers,salt & pepper along with some worchester in butter, drained it and mixed it in with a bottle of hickory bbq sauce and the wild turkey leg meat. I'll heat it up later in slow cooker and serve on tortilla wraps topped with sour cream and lettuce. I will add flavor if needed while heating.

RED NECK

All this food was only one of the breasts and both legs from a 20 lbs longbeard as I gave one breast to a real close friend whos land connects to mine and I hunt on for wild turkey's every year.

RED NECK

I just whipped up dessert for later, a swiss chocolate cake (Duncan Hines) and put it in oven. It's going to be a cool one overnight, -41 with the wind chill.

Meleagris gallopavo

I have found that adding 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika to 4 oz of cream cheese for jalapeno poppers is a game changer.
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

RED NECK

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on January 25, 2022, 03:31:04 PM
I just whipped up dessert for later, a swiss chocolate cake (Duncan Hines) and put it in oven. It's going to be a cool one overnight, -41 with the wind chill.
In the fridge it goes for an hour, creme cheese icing and sprinkles.

RED NECK

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on January 25, 2022, 05:00:40 PM
Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on January 25, 2022, 03:31:04 PM
In the fridge it goes for an hour, creme cheese icing and sprinkles.
I am stuffed,I am not sure about eating wild turkey for awhile now. I have had my fill,until superbowl. Then I have to make the poppers or the boys will be upset.

RED NECK

I took out a venison tenderloin yesterday and tonight I made a venison tenderloin stir fry with some onions from my garden,mushrooms, red & green peppers. I sauteed the vegetables in butter,salt/pepper,soya and a little teriyaki sauce and cubed the tenderloin and cooked in butter slowly. I then drained everything and mixed it together with some wild grain rice to enjoy with football.