OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey jalapeno poppers recipe

Started by tomstopper, April 09, 2020, 11:24:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RED NECK

Those look excellent.I am going to try that recipe next time.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

wvmntnhick

Quote from: tomstopper on April 09, 2020, 04:55:34 PM
Ok so I ended up doing a mixture of Sam and Neal's recipes:

Wild Turkey Jalapeno Poppers Wrapped in Bacon:

- marinate in Italian dressing for at least 12hrs (already had one breast marinating since yesterday)
- cut jalapenos in half length wise and remove seeds
- cut turkey strips long enough to match jalapenos and about 1/4in thick
- fill each half with chive cream cheese
- coat each side of turkey strips with brown sugar
- place turkey strips on top of cream cheese stuffed jalapenos
- wrap with bacon (hickory or apple wood), sprinkle with black pepper.
- place on cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes

- while waiting create a dipping sauce by mixing mayo and Dijon mustard (50/50). Add honey to desired sweetness.

Both of my daughters loved these. Thanks guys for all the tips

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

^^^This!!!!
Only thing I do differently is I don't remove all the seeds and instead of all the happy stuff, they just get placed in a pan of Worcestershire sauce and on low broil until the bacon is done. I think I'll try the Italian dressing this time around though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

- marinate in Italian dressing for at least 12hrs (already had one breast marinating since yesterday)

- while waiting create a dipping sauce by mixing mayo and Dijon mustard (50/50). Add honey to desired sweetness.

Other than the brown sugar I can have this, I will have to try it.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

RED NECK

I am starting on three meals for this weekend with my last wild turkey from the fall.I am following the Italian dressing popper recipe on this thread and I am also making a homemade turkey stew.
I also plan on making wild turkey burgers, wrote down this meateater recipe,he calls them sausage patties but I am going to make them into "burger" patties and cook them on the bbq for supper one night this weekend.

https://www.themeateater.com/cook/recipes/fresh-turkey-breakfast-sausage-with-sage-recipe

greencop01

We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

RED NECK

I just prepared supper for tomorrow evening,I tried a few things different this time as I used jalapeno peppers and green peppers and i cut the jalapeno peppers in half and then put them back together and then used green peppers for the rest.These will be for dinner on opening day eve,along with some rice. I also mixed up some of the dipping sauce that was mentioned on this thread to try out as well.I am going to be making the "turkey patties" later for our burgers for opening day night on the bbq,on kaiser buns.

tomstopper

Looking good

RED NECK

I can't get the whole pan of them to load,I can't seem to get the file small enough today.there is about 24 of them in total,which is more than enough for two of us.I like them cold the day after as well for a mid day snack.

RED NECK

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on April 23, 2020, 04:22:56 PM
I just prepared supper for tomorrow evening,I tried a few things different this time as I used jalapeno peppers and green peppers and i cut the jalapeno peppers in half and then put them back together and then used green peppers for the rest.These will be for dinner on opening day eve,along with some rice. I also mixed up some of the dipping sauce that was mentioned on this thread to try out as well.I am going to be making the "turkey patties" later for our burgers for opening day night on the bbq,on kaiser buns.
The brown sugar,maple wrapped poppers were my favorite I have done yet,I did half them with jalapeno peppers and half of them with green peppers,the sauce was perfect for them and a little rice. The burgers we had last night with spicy fries, they were good but I prefer them as a breakfast food next time.Thanks for the new poppers recipe!

RED NECK

The "turkey burgers" I would just eat them at breakfast from now on but they were good.

Jroddc

I made these tonight just changed it a little and marinated the turkey in ranch dressing ( my wife doesn't like Italian) they were awesome definitely making them again.

RED NECK

Im making up some wild turkey poppers today,along with a couple wild turkey shish kabobs,I am trying to get my recipe perfected for my Superbowl get together. I also cooked the legs in slow cooker yesterday and then peeled and shredded them and I plan on making a shredded wild turkey,salsa,shredded chesse and sour cream, wrap for Tuesday's supper.

-wild turkey shish kabobs for tonight.
-wild turkey poppers for Monday.
-wild turkey shredded wraps for Tuesday.

RED NECK

I cubed the turkey for shish kabobs,I have the turkey marinating in zesty italian dressing, I have the chilli powder and brown sugar mixed and ready to go, I just need to get peppers cleaned up and halved for the poppers and cubed for the kabobs.

bigriverbum

do i lose my Wisconsinite citizenship if i hate cream cheese?

hate cream, cottage, and blue cheese

bigriverbum

and "cheese" spreads. yuck

give me colby, peper jack, 7 year sharp cheddars, feta, cojita, etc all day long