turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Benelli M2 or Extrema 3.5"??

Started by aaronward9, May 12, 2011, 11:43:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaronward9

There are 2 guns near me that are the same price at $750..  I am wanting a 12 ga. for my wife to shoot. The M2 has a 28" bbl and the Extrema has a 26" bbl.  She will only be shooting 3" shells for turkeys and 2 3/4" shells for just shooting so either gun will serve the purpose.  Which would be the better gun for her? She has shot my SBE2 and likes it for reference..

ILIKEHEVI-13

That's a take your pick type question.  Both are excellent quality shotguns.  Let her handle and shoulder both and then she can pick which wants she seems to like the best.  

spaightlabs

Extrema is a much softer shooting gun and will shoot 3.5s if you are of that mind.  I haven't shot 3.5s in 5 years for anything and haven't missed 'em.

A lot of the Extremas (the the Extrema 2s) the POI was nowhere near the POA - I had one that was off by a couple feet at 40 yards.

SumToy

Both are good guns. One is 31/2 like said above.  Both point good and will not give much trouble.  M2 is not as heavy as well.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

goblr77

It just depends on what she prefers, light weight or reduced recoil? I'm a Beretta man myself and if weight was an issue I would choose a 391 Urika over an M2 but it doesn't look like that's an option.

SumToy

Quote from: goblr77 on May 13, 2011, 11:38:24 AM
It just depends on what she prefers, light weight or reduced recoil? I'm a Beretta man myself and if weight was an issue I would choose a 391 Urika over an M2 but it doesn't look like that's an option.

:z-winnersmiley:
I was just going by the one he asked about.  Now I have 2 AL391 Teknys  that gets shot. :fud:  If you looking to by the 3 inch gun I would look at the Urika or Teknys. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

beagler

Is it a used Xtrema II? I know new ones in my area are selling for $1500.
My dad has one and really likes it.
Never Misses

allaboutshooting

My personal preference would be the M2 but I'd let her shoulder both of them and choose whichever gun feels better to her.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Hognutz

My next gun is going to be an M2. Probably a 20ga..Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

boyhowdy

Extrema two seems like it would be heavy for a lady to me.

aaronward9

Well, I bought the M2.. 

28" bbl, Max-4 camo, 4 factory chokes, and hard case..

original owner said it was shot 25 times on the 5-stand course and 5 times on the dove field and that's it! 

She's happy now!

allaboutshooting

Quote from: aaronward9 on May 14, 2011, 02:39:26 PM
Well, I bought the M2.. 

original owner said it was shot 25 times on the 5-stand course and 5 times on the dove field and that's it! 

She's happy now!

Congratulations! That should make her a great gun for many years to come.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

boyhowdy

Well, I bought the M2.. 

She's happy now!

She might even let you borrow it huh?

aaronward9

Quote from: boyhowdy on May 14, 2011, 05:14:50 PM
Well, I bought the M2.. 

She's happy now!

She might even let you borrow it huh?

Don't need it! I have my SBE2!

Hognutz

You can't go wrong with a set up like that. It is a great rig..Good luck with it..MIke :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.