Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Red dot?? when to turn on? how long batteries last?

Started by Bobby5, April 07, 2020, 10:14:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SOCOM304

All great answers! I do the same as bbcoach and greyfox. No issues that way.

FL-Boss

I have 4 different Burris FF3 -  I turn them on when I take the gun out of the truck in the morning....turn them off at the end of the day. Battery lasts for years, although I tend to change them every 2 years just to be safe. 

Bobby5

What is the lifespan on the sight itself? Im sure its a few years but would hate for it to go bad when your on a hunt.

dzsmith

I use an FF3. Personally I don't turn mine on, until Im on a turkey. That's just me, I mean if im slipping through the woods after working a bird that didn't come in of course I leave it on, but I don't per say leave it on from the time I leave the vehicle til the time I get back. Ive never had one die on me. I keep an extra battery in my vest with a little piece of metal I use to take the cover off. I replace the battery every other season, probably wouldn't hurt to replace it every single season because they are very cheap batteries, I do know they will blink when they get low as others on here have said but ive never had mine get to that point. I hunt as much as I can in my local spring season, and typically hit a few states every year as well and ive had no issues with battery life. I have a buddy that leaves his on all day like another user said, and he has to replace his every year. He also hunts every day all day of our 6 week season....
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

TauntoHawk

On and off when shells go in and out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>