OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tn opener and this morning

Started by Fatbeard, April 06, 2020, 10:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fatbeard

Tn opener on Saturday had very distant gobbles. But around 12 I heard one behind me. I took a trumpet I made from 120 year old barn wood from my grandparents barn. Wanted to kill a bird with something special from the history of the family. Put a few clucks and then a yelp and double gobble and a hen went crazy. About 45 minutes I cluck twice and the hen goes insane cutting and such. Comes out about 120 yards. No tom but I could hear spit and drum so he was close. Around 2:30 I soft yelped and boom he hammers and steps into view about 70 I scratched in the leaves and clucked once he starts my way and made it to 50 and I let him have it. This morning I did a few tree yelps and and he landed about 40 yards and it was over
[url=https://postimg.cc/v1GR0fbx]
East TN Beard Buster

tomstopper

Awesome. Congrats

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

Yoteduster

Congrats on a couple really nice birds

Cowboy

Congratulations.  Great story to go with it as well. I'm sure that will trumpet will be with you a long time and call up lots more.

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Twowithone

09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

NCbowjunkie

Way to go Kelvin  2 nice birds

JeffC

Love the special history , great memories. Congrats on 2 fine birds. Wood looks like white oak?
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Tom007

Great story, great bird, congrats...
"Solo hunter"

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

longbeards

I should be about ready to leave for Kentucky but they have cut out the out of staters,,,so counting down the days for WV...sure do miss going to Kentucky!

goblr77

Bagg-it Tag-it

That is cool to get them in with that trumpet!