turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Can’t get my ceramic to play

Started by RiverRoost, May 01, 2020, 03:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverRoost

Got a David Halloran ceramic that the only place I can get it to play is on the one spot that I've conditioned. Everywhere else on the call feels slick and won't bite. Does the whole call need cleaning and if so with what? Thanks

wchadw

I clean my ceramic with rubbing alcohol. Let it dry real good and then scuff with a sotchbrite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BTH

A good wipe down with some rubbing alcohol will help. I like to use the 90??  or 91% ??

I do like to use a stone or red scotchbrite and lightly rough up a spot. It will look like it has a whitish haze to it when you are done.
Phil 4:13

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: BTH on May 01, 2020, 04:04:30 PM
A good wipe down with some rubbing alcohol will help. I like to use the 90??  or 91% ??

I do like to use a stone or red scotchbrite and lightly rough up a spot. It will look like it has a whitish haze to it when you are done.

This right here. Also clean your striker tips. They tend to have build up and will ruin the sound.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

RiverRoost

Thanks gents. Had a suspicion that would do it but wanted to check

Greg Massey

Just scotch-brite and keep you striker tip clean and she will play .. I might clean it with rubbing alcohol once year if i think it needs it ..

Mad_Baron

I have bought ceramic to make pot calls and have noticed some pieces are "slicker" than others.  Alcohol and the brick red scotch brite pad is good advice.
John Haines

Mad Baron Calls
NWTF Chapter President
NWTF Indiana State Board Member