OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Non resident search

Started by Southernson13, April 04, 2020, 01:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southernson13

There are a few threads like this but I don't think there are any phrased this way. What states are still open for non resident tags. Also what are the prices for those states?

mcw3734

It's tough to answer because it is constantly changing. Everything was fine this time yesterday for Idaho. But as of 9 this morning, it's not. And we've all seen the threads on Nebraska.

Best bet is to just call the Fish & Game department of whatever state you are considering. They are THE source of information. But just realize things are changing by the day and with all indications pointing to the virus situation getting worse before it gets better, know there is no guarantee what is an option now will be an option tomorrow. Be it by decree from the Fish & Game department, like Idaho, or some Governor making a decision overall about out-of-state folks crossing borders.

fallhnt

MO ,but don't expect it by the time the season draws near.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Turkeyman

One thing to watch out for. Even if you have your NR tag will you have a 14 day quarantine upon entering the state? I believe some do.

idgobble

The Idaho Fish and Game Commission adopted a rule that temporarily suspends the sale of several types of nonresident fishing and hunting licenses, tags, and permits effective immediately, lasts until rule repealed consistent with Idaho public health ordershttps://idfg.idaho.gov/press/nonresident-licenses-permits-and-tags-sales-temporarily-suspended-fg-commission ...

spaightlabs

Or, you know, you could just stay home this year?

Just sayin'.

bigbird

People can't do that. They're all "special" and "entitled" to do whatever benefits them and screw trying to help someone else!

Turkeyman

Quote from: spaightlabs on April 04, 2020, 02:41:38 PM

Just sayin'.

Exactly what I'm doing this year.  Normally I hunt at least four states. But with all the extra care involved at gas stations, convenience stores, grocery stores, no restaurants available etc. I'll just hunt my home state. What will be the end affect...hopefully I won't bring this scourge home to my wife. And when I'm on the wrong side of the grass I'll have killed a few less turkeys...I can live with that, so to speak.

mcw3734

Quote from: spaightlabs on April 04, 2020, 02:41:38 PM

Just sayin'.

No, you're right. That is probably the best answer.

I was planning on hunting my neighboring state, but no longer. I'm not entirely sure if I'll be hunting my home state. It's a tough deal for everybody, but we all need to Think Team on this.

bbcoach

As some have said, 14 day quarantine??  And can you even get to that State??  Many States are stopping out of state plates.  Good luck with your search but I'll take my chances next year. 

Gooserbat

I'm hunting at home and my two places in Missouri.  Already have tags.  It's one tank of gas there and back.  I'll take my food and not leave.  Won't be around anyone. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

simpzenith

Minnesota and Wisconsin will remain open to non-residents. I would recommend Wisconsin over Minnesota though.

Longspurz369

The problem a lot of states are running into with N/R hunters is the locals. We just had to cancel our KS and NE trip due to the locals looking for out of state plates. Don't want to lose all of the long time leases for this.

Cowboy

Quote from: bbcoach on April 04, 2020, 03:33:54 PM
As some have said, 14 day quarantine??  And can you even get to that State??  Many States are stopping out of state plates.  Good luck with your search but I'll take my chances next year.
Hmm, wouldn't that be considered PROFILING?? Where are all the libs crying now?

paboxcall

You're coming from a state with a 'stay at home' order, crossing the border to a state with its own 'stay at home' order. Stands to reason reporting a non-resident harvest documents defiance on both sides.

Authorities may or may not care, don't know. But I'm not going to test this system. Prudent to stick close to home reduce risk to me, to others in my travels, and to my family upon return. All non-essential.

Spring, 2021. Will savor this experience all the more.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer