OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Woods Snacks?!

Started by ManfromGreenSwamp, March 31, 2020, 05:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

huntnflorida

Canned mullet, pickled eggs, toasty brand peanut butter crackers

Prohunter3509

My vest carries bottled water and pure protein bars

Crghss

Apples
Oranges
Banana
Frozen water bottle
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

3bailey3

bananas or a good belly bar but back in the day as T K  and Mike liked Christmas tree pies.

wvmntnhick

Seeing as my morning are typically cut short, I don't carry food. Most hunts these days are on small pieces of ground so it likely I'm not even carrying water most times. But, when the time is called for: bottle of water, Payday candy bar, pepper jack deer sticks and some type of cheese.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CT Spur Collector

Lot of guys like me...... I like to eat as much as hunt.  Two sandwiches.....Genoa Salami, Turkey and or ham.. cheese crackers, trail mix and reeses cups. water....lots of water..

mtns2hunt

Quote from: huntnflorida on April 01, 2020, 09:17:30 PM
Canned mullet, pickled eggs, toasty brand peanut butter crackers

Funny: good thing Turkeys can't smell!
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

mcw3734

Growing up in New York, nothing, was out of the woods by noon.

Now I'm in Idaho and we can hunt all day. Besides plenty of water in my hydration pack, it's trail mix from the bulk section with some added M&Ms. Placed in a ziplock bag which is quiet and scalable. Don't have to worry about anything being crushed when sitting or making a mess otherwise. Use the same formula when deer and elk hunting.

StruttinGobbler3

I don't normally carry snacks in my vest although I probably should, considering I often hunt from daylight up until noon or so when I can. One of my favorite snacks is a zone protein bar, specifically the cinnamon roll flavor. Can't beat them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

vt35mag

Apple or banana
Pop Tart (out of the foil in a plastic bag) or Granola bar (I like the Nature Valley Protein bars)
Water or Gatorade

We can only hunt til noon so I tend not to bring much.  Just enough to quench the thirst and keep the stomach from rumbling.

Dtrkyman

Kind or RX bars, if I go old school PBJ once in a while!

captfire

POPARTS-PEANUTS-MOON PIES-AND WATER AND DIET DR.PEPPER....

WildTigerTrout

Small thermos of coffee, granola bars.  Maybe a sandwich, ham and cheese or bologna and cheese and some Fritos corn chips. Also bottle of Gatorade.  Hey I like to eat.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

sixbird

I usually just eat crow...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

falltoms

Right now the Ramps are up. Every ham sandwich I've had this past week every day had a pile of ramps in them