turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

One yesterday and another today...and another. Two FIRST

Started by Gobblerslobber, March 27, 2020, 03:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobblerslobber

I managed to call up a friend of mine his first longbeard yesterday morning and it was an incredible hunt. Lots of gobbling on and off the roost and we had him at 15 steps by 7:30. He was with another BIG beard dragging the ground gobbler that hit the ridge 40yds from our setup, but no clear shot presented itself. After that bird worked up the ridge with the hens, this bird decided to come pay us a visit.

This morning I only heard a few gobbles then silence when they hit the ground. I stayed patient and soft called for several hours with no response. At 10:30 I hear what sounds like wingtips dragging through the leaves, glanced to the left and he's in full strut at 40yds. He notices my movement and sticks his head up and putts. Luckily, he stays there long enough for me to raise my gun and fire. Two birds in two days!

Greg Massey

bbcoach

CONGRATS!!  Your season is off to a GREAT start!

Beards and Hooks

Don't sound like it could start out much better, congratulations!

GobbleNut

I love it when the season starts out that way!  Congrats!

tomstopper

Very nice. Congrats

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Yoteduster

Congrats on a couple really nice birds

Harty

You're starting out on a roll!  Congrats!

Gobblerslobber

We kept the momentum going this morning, called up another friend his first gobbler.
I'm letting them use my gun and this is starting to get expensive, but it's worth every penny to see the excitement on their face.
I hope everyone is well and able to at least get out chase a few turkeys.

tomstopper

That's awesome. Congrats

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Cowboy

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Greg Massey

Tail Feathers

Love to hunt the King of Spring!