Mossberg 835

Started by RED NECK, April 09, 2020, 10:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RED NECK

that didnt pan out.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

Old Timer

Whats wrong with that?Looks like a certified turkey taker.

1iagobblergetter

Those go together with Turkeys like peanut butter and jelly?

Turkeytider

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on April 09, 2020, 10:01:56 AM
that didnt pan out.

Not sure why you`d say that. I`d take that to the woods in a heartbeat( might stick a red dot on it first ). 835s and 870s are the quintessential turkey guns ( IMHO, of course ).

bigriverbum

is $370 a good price for a new 835?

bbcoach

Quote from: bigriverbum on April 14, 2020, 06:25:55 PM
is $370 a good price for a new 835?
Yep!  Bought mine from Wally World 12 years ago.  It was the Duck/Turkey version with 28 and 24 inch barrel and 4 chokes for about that price.  GREAT Turkey killer.  Plenty of chokes and shells do very well in the 835.  IMO probably the best patterning turkey gun out there.

bigriverbum

thank you sir

didn't handle it as i was in a rush. just saw the model and price. doubt it has waterfowl barrel

Bowguy

I had mine since 89-90. I used about exclusively til just a few years ago. I got an Ithaca 37 and used that some.
I've had some health issues that screwed my eye. I put a scope on the 835, a jebs I got from all about shooting and it's what I believe I'm carrying a bunch again.
Throws Winchester supremes real nice, I can't get em anymore so the grand slams are where I'm at and they're looking good. Look at lead pattern pics.Grand Slam

RED NECK

Quote from: Turkeytider on April 12, 2020, 04:50:18 PM
that didnt pan out.

Not sure why you`d say that. I`d take that to the woods in a heartbeat( might stick a red dot on it first ). 835s and 870s are the quintessential turkey guns ( IMHO, of course ).
I'd say that because it was sold out from underneath me.That's why I never got the chance to purchase the gun.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

Turkeytider

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on April 15, 2020, 06:06:32 PM
Quote from: Turkeytider on April 12, 2020, 04:50:18 PM
that didnt pan out.

I'd say that because it was sold out from underneath me.That's why I never got the chance to purchase the gun.

Well that certainly explains it!! Bummer!

Bowguy

That makes sense. Thought you were having probs w it.