turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Apex GT 20 # 9 vs Federal question

Started by strum, March 23, 2020, 02:42:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strum

I have just started using 12Ga federal heavy wt Tss #9s  and had good luck.
Im building an 870 20ga so whats you guys thought on the Apex vs the Federals?

coonhunter

I have not shot federals.  But I have shot some Apex.  They pattern great for the most part.  But as of the last two lots, I have been getting some inconstant results.  Out of the last 10 I have shot, 2 of them have sounded weird and pattern is a lot bigger??  to the point I would missed a bird at 30 yards.  I have just about gave up on them.   Thinking of going to the Federals myself. 
Joshua 24:15

strum

Quote from: coonhunter on March 23, 2020, 03:39:17 PM
I have not shot federals.  But I have shot some Apex.  They pattern great for the most part.  But as of the last two lots, I have been getting some inconstant results.  Out of the last 10 I have shot, 2 of them have sounded weird and pattern is a lot bigger??  to the point I would missed a bird at 30 yards.  I have just about gave up on them.   Thinking of going to the Federals myself.

Well thats not a good   I just ordered two boxes . hope to have better results

bigbird

Both shoot about the same out of my SX3 20. I haven't had any problems yet with either of them.

slicksbeagles1

I have an M2 24" IC .555 and a Weatherby SA08 youth IC .555 and both pattern good I think for the price the federal's are as good or better.

strum

I haven't shot any federals yet out of this gun.. we did try some TSS blends with my friends Nova 20ga. they did well .
I did shoot the Apex and Im very happy with them so far . 235 in a 9" @ 40yd. ill take that.
Ill use what I have to end this season and my hope is to start rolling my own for next year.