Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Social Responsibility and Turkey hunting.

Started by Marc, March 23, 2020, 01:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowguy

I'll never get shy anyone w any brains at all votes Democrat. They're as against us as can be. Have zero facts on their side. Only want to present their side. The second you show them real facts they throw temper tantrums n leave the discussion they're losing again.
Now everyone be safe. Follow the recommendations and don't panic. It clouds decisions.
Couple things guys don't talk about are mail and deliveries. Think about them too guys

Crghss

I will continue too hunt in FL where I live. But we'll see about my SD hunt in May. If I have to cancel my May hunt then things have seriously gone off the rails and turkey hunting will be the last thing on my mind.

I wish we could have 100 yds social distancing at the WMA I hunted last weekend.
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

falltoms

Quote from: paboxcall on March 23, 2020, 07:47:13 PM
Falltoms - I appreciate you and your fellow drivers keeping our supply chain up and running. From feeder parts and foods to warehousing to production to paper towels arriving at the front door, its all appreciated!
FDA Thank you kindly Pa Box Call. Much appreciated

tomstopper

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on March 23, 2020, 03:18:59 PM
Quote from: g8rvet on March 23, 2020, 01:23:05 PMVery good advice.  A lot of folks will downplay it and say it is media driven or politics driven, but this is going to be a long, devastating ride before it is done.
While everything you said, and the sentiments expressed in this entire post are accurate, don't forget that it truly is the Democrats and the main stream media, which is the propaganda arm of the Democrat party, fueling the panic with misinformation and hysteria. The more harmful this virus is to the American people, and to the US economy, it is a boon to the Democrat politicians.
They are using anything and everything they can to try to take down President Trump and keep him from getting re-elected. So while the virus is real, and serious precautions need to be taken, never forget that the panic related to the virus has been manufactured by the Democrats.

This is totally accurate. Sad but true

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

LaLongbeard

I still  don't understand how turkey hunting in anyway makes a difference. You either have it or you don't. If you don't you shouldn't be bare handing anything, if you do your supposed to be on deaths door so you probably ain't going anywhere. If your anti symptomatic you don't know you have it so are still frightened of gas pumps, shadows and small children so your saftey precautions would keep you from passing it on to others unintentionally.
     Y'all just have to stop licking winders and door knobs until this is over. Just don't wear camo when your out getting gas or groceries while hunting. It is a proven fact you are 77.999% more likely to catch/spread the virus if "IT" knows your on a hunting trip. If you pretend to be just stocking up the toilet paper bunker the virus will not take any notice of you.
     Clearly hunting or driving to hunting places is the root cause of this crisis. Please be responsible.
And vote Democrat....how else we gonna get free stuff for doing nothing?
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Spurs Up

Louisiana Governor John Edwards said yesterday his state has the highest rate of increase of COVID-19 anywhere. I think I understand why now...

LaLongbeard

Quote from: Spurs Up on March 23, 2020, 09:35:15 PM
Louisiana Governor John Edwards said yesterday his state has the highest rate of increase of COVID-19 anywhere. I think I understand why now...

I doubt it
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Gooserbat

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on March 23, 2020, 03:18:59 PM
Quote from: g8rvet on March 23, 2020, 01:23:05 PMVery good advice.  A lot of folks will downplay it and say it is media driven or politics driven, but this is going to be a long, devastating ride before it is done.
While everything you said, and the sentiments expressed in this entire post are accurate, don't forget that it truly is the Democrats and the main stream media, which is the propaganda arm of the Democrat party, fueling the panic with misinformation and hysteria. The more harmful this virus is to the American people, and to the US economy, it is a boon to the Democrat politicians.
They are using anything and everything they can to try to take down President Trump and keep him from getting re-elected. So while the virus is real, and serious precautions need to be taken, never forget that the panic related to the virus has been manufactured by the Democrats.

What Jim said.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Kylongspur88

I have permission to hunt probably one the best if not the best places within a 50 mile radius but am considering pounding it out on public ground for the simple fact some of the guys I hunt with are older and have serious underlying conditions that would almost certainly prove fatal if they contracted this virus. Likewise I have older parents with health conditions that I'm looking after. They are not allowed to go to the store or anything else. If they need something I'll get it and Clorox the hell out of it before I give it over. These are scary times and we all need to love thy neighbor

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Kylongspur88 on March 23, 2020, 10:21:18 PM
I have permission to hunt probably one the best if not the best places within a 50 mile radius but am considering pounding it out on public ground for the simple fact some of the guys I hunt with are older and have serious underlying conditions that would almost certainly prove fatal if they contracted this virus. Likewise I have older parents with health conditions that I'm looking after. They are not allowed to go to the store or anything else. If they need something I'll get it and Clorox the hell out of it before I give it over. These are scary times and we all need to love thy neighbor
That's awesome of you. :icon_thumright:

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

eggshell

kylongspur88, that's an admirable attitude and I might add the same question that was asked of Jesus, and who is your neighbor? Then he told the story of the good Samaritan. The story is found in Luke10:25-37. As an older person with heart problems and asthma I do have concern over the covid-19, but would I want my young neighbor to be impoverished or loose his home, no. Somewhere there is a balance of doing what we can to protect as many as possible, but as a high risk person I say don't use protecting me as an excuse to wreck the whole country/world. I think there are ways to provide reasonable prevention and still function. I have had a good and blessed life, I'll be ok whatever happens. I would rather my children have the same great opportunities to live in a great country as I did, not have to suffer through a broken and harsh existence. I think we'll recover, but these viruses will show up again,, they historically have....we can't do this every 7 years. Yes, do what you can even if you have to give something up. Let's be serious, is a turkey worth risking someones life?

bigriverbum

the politics some people in washington are playing right now are absolutely sickening.

the country is in peril and they're worried about their portfolios or special interest groups. traitors that should be tried as such

Bowguy

Quote from: bigriverbum on March 24, 2020, 09:11:38 AM
the politics some people in washington are playing right now are absolutely sickening.

the country is in peril and they're worried about their portfolios or special interest groups. traitors that should be tried as such

Amazing isn't it

howl

'bout tired of backward thinking trying to make the virus fit the available treatment capacity. The American way to gear up to fight, not try to hide. You can't hide. Most people will get it. Few will die. All these people not working could be quickly put to work making face masks and respirators to increase capacity and shorten the period of threat.

All this flatten the curve nonsense will increase the duration of the viral threat, tank the economy and make suffering and lost more widespread than the virus only ever could.

The government needs to get out of the way with regulation and taxation so people can fight this thing.

bigriverbum

Quote from: howl on March 24, 2020, 10:57:13 AM
'bout tired of backward thinking trying to make the virus fit the available treatment capacity. The American way to gear up to fight, not try to hide. You can't hide. Most people will get it. Few will die. All these people not working could be quickly put to work making face masks and respirators to increase capacity and shorten the period of threat.

All this flatten the curve nonsense will increase the duration of the viral threat, tank the economy and make suffering and lost more widespread than the virus only ever could.

The government needs to get out of the way with regulation and taxation so people can fight this thing.

we live in a completely interconnected global economy and community now. we've been told this is for the best. we've also shown how scared we are and how quickly we're willing to submit. this won't be the last crisis