OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Social Responsibility and Turkey hunting.

Started by Marc, March 23, 2020, 01:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Dtrkyman on March 23, 2020, 03:54:02 PMAs far as the Dems, I could not agree more, but if you don't think repubs are a problem that is a whole other can of worms!
Oh absolutely!!! :icon_thumright:
That's why I've said for years that all political parties should be abolished, and everyone should run as independents. That would eliminate all the partisan crapola. Add term limits in, ban earmarks, make politicians live by the same rules and follow the same laws as us, and it would be a great start.

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: eman375 on March 23, 2020, 04:09:42 PM
Okay, politics aside.  I understand the social responsibility aspect that comes with this pandemic. And those precautions should be taken.  However, I find it ironic that there are those hunters that preach social responsibility but can still justify their own personal hunts. And before the firebombs start flying I realize that the government has said outdoor recreation is a good thing with minimal risk.  Do your thing...
Not trying to start an argument, but are you saying that you are going to self-quarantine and not go turkey hunting this season? ???

1iagobblergetter

Okay, politics aside.  I understand the social responsibility aspect that comes with this pandemic. And those precautions should be taken.  However, I find it ironic that there are those hunters that preach social responsibility but can still justify their own personal hunts. And before the firebombs start flying I realize that the government has said outdoor recreation is a good thing with minimal risk.  Do your thing...
Social responsibility and hunting can be done with common sense imo.Do Your thing,Correct!!!but don't be an idiot coughing and touching on people and things in the process..

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on March 23, 2020, 04:15:43 PM
Social responsibility and hunting can be done with common sense imo.Do Your thing,Correct!!!but don't be an idiot coughing and touching on people and things in the process..
:icon_thumright:

idgobble

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on March 23, 2020, 04:11:09 PM
Quote from: Dtrkyman on March 23, 2020, 03:54:02 PMAs far as the Dems, I could not agree more, but if you don't think repubs are a problem that is a whole other can of worms!
Oh absolutely!!! :icon_thumright:
That's why I've said for years that all political parties should be abolished, and everyone should run as independents. That would eliminate all the partisan crapola. Add term limits in, ban earmarks, make politicians live by the same rules and follow the same laws as us, and it would be a great start.

And candidate's campaigns should be gov't financed so they don't have to rely on bribes from lobbyists and the financing should be very low so we see how well they can budget.

TonyTurk

I am taking a "wait and see" approach.  My annual trip to Western OK for opening week is supposed to be two weeks from today.  If the situation with this pandemic improves in the next two weeks and everyone in my family is healthy, i may still go.  If things have not improved, I will postpone and hope to go later in the season.  I believe the next two weeks will tell us a lot. 

g8rvet

I had to cancel my annual Canada trip 2 years ago due to Hurricane Michael.  It stung, but going last year was so much sweeter from having missed seeing my good friends.  If anyone does have to cancel, it will suck.  But if you do, thanks in advance for being considerate of others and the health of our country.  I hope no one needs to though. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

idgobble

Quote from: Sir-diealot on March 23, 2020, 03:56:53 PM
Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on March 23, 2020, 03:48:54 PM
Quote from: LaLongbeard on March 23, 2020, 03:40:57 PM
Quote from: RutnNStrutn on March 23, 2020, 03:18:59 PM
Quote from: g8rvet on March 23, 2020, 01:23:05 PM.
This is my personal thought of what is going on as well. I mean Polosi blocks a bill to get aid because she wants something put in on abortion? That is why Trump declared a state of emergency so he could bypass The House. (And ended up with more money than he asked for by doing so) Also there is strong evidence that the Malaria drug (Quinine I think, could be another) has helped with curing it but the Dem/Libs insult Trump and say he is a fool for trying it.

So Pelosi adds some abortion language and "Trump's proposal included $200 billion worth of loans to airlines and "other critical sectors of the U.S. economy experiencing severe financial distress." (like his hotel industry).  The airlines have added more baggage fees and every other fee they could think of while increasing top management salaries and bonuses and avoiding paying taxes and now they want to be bailed out by taxpayers.  They should take low interest loans and use their assets for collateral.

eman375

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on March 23, 2020, 04:12:46 PM
Not trying to start an argument, but are you saying that you are going to self-quarantine and not go turkey hunting this season? ???
I don't see it as an argument, just a discussion about different peoples approach and perspective to the same problem.  Oh, I fully intend to hunt.  I can only control my personal situation.  I will take the necessary precautions but that doesn't guarantee an exposure free experience.  I'm lucky to live rurally and rarely see another person so in essence I have self quarantined.  But I still need groceries and fuel and each trip runs a risk of exposure as well as a break down or an accident.  You do you and whatever your level of personal responsibility is because we don't all look through the same prism.  May the turkey gods smile on you this spring if you intend to go.  Cheers!

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: eman375 on March 23, 2020, 05:58:07 PM
Quote from: RutnNStrutn on March 23, 2020, 04:12:46 PM
I don't see it as an argument, just a discussion about different peoples approach and perspective to the same problem.  Oh, I fully intend to hunt.  I can only control my personal situation.  I will take the necessary precautions but that doesn't guarantee an exposure free experience.  I'm lucky to live rurally and rarely see another person so in essence I have self quarantined.  But I still need groceries and fuel and each trip runs a risk of exposure as well as a break down or an accident.  You do you and whatever your level of personal responsibility is because we don't all look through the same prism.  May the turkey gods smile on you this spring if you intend to go.  Cheers!
True! Best of luck to you as well!!

eggshell

I predict many turkeys will die during this pandemic

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: g8rvet on March 23, 2020, 05:24:05 PM
I had to cancel my annual Canada trip 2 years ago due to Hurricane Michael.  It stung, but going last year was so much sweeter from having missed seeing my good friends.  If anyone does have to cancel, it will suck.  But if you do, thanks in advance for being considerate of others and the health of our country.  I hope no one needs to though. 
My hunting partner and I had to cancel our Mexico trip for Goulds turkeys this spring. I was already concerned, and contemplating cancelling the flight to El Paso, TX, opting to drive instead. Then the border shut down to non-essential traffic, so the choice was made for me. My trip to Bama & Kentucky is likely out as well. So it looks like this year I'll be limited to FLA WMA's, and my lease in SC......assuming FLA doesn't shut down like the governor is being pressured to do.
So I say, F U Coronavirus!!!  >:( >:( >:(

fallhnt

I too am having a hard time deciding on out of state trip. I'll know more by the end of March and will decide then.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

falltoms

I drive truck. I have to work. So I'm planning on going on the trips I've planned out. Going state to state for me is just a normal day.

paboxcall

Falltoms - I appreciate you and your fellow drivers keeping our supply chain up and running. From feeder parts and foods to warehousing to production to paper towels arriving at the front door, its all appreciated!
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer