OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Zach Farmer

Started by gobblers roost, March 22, 2020, 03:11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ

Quote from: Terry on March 24, 2020, 08:33:10 AM
For Farmer it's all based on demand. He is a legend and doesn't make many therefore they are rare and sought-after. Anyone who thinks buying one of his calls is going to make you sound like him is sadly mistaken. For the individual who wants to sound like him, I'd focus a lot more on practice than what call you're using.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Very true words right there.

Roanoke River Rambler

Hey EZ. I heard that someone at Unicoi left a brand new Zach Farmer in your room at Unicoi a couple of months ago....lol.

Hope all is well.
RRR

davisd9

Quote from: Terry on March 24, 2020, 08:33:10 AM
For Farmer it's all based on demand. He is a legend and doesn't make many therefore they are rare and sought-after. Anyone who thinks buying one of his calls is going to make you sound like him is sadly mistaken. For the individual who wants to sound like him, I'd focus a lot more on practice than what call you're using.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

It's the mint or a flat tipped mouthpiece for sure.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Austy

EZ that would have been a huge score, good thing you are an honest man.  I know I would have made him sweat a little before I gave it up just to see the panic in his eyes, LOL.  I had the pleasure of running his Zach Farmer last year when I hunted with him its a very nice call.

EZ

LOL, yeah, I could have had one!!! In all honesty, once I saw that it was a Farmer call, I was afraid to touch it, lol. Didn't want to be responsible for "something" happening to that Holy Grail call.

1iagobblergetter

$3050.00 and the reserve isn't met?? Must have to dang near buy it now to get that one.

DocHolliday

He's relisted it @ $3700 FYI

larry9988

You could hand me the best violin known to man, and it would sound terrible if I played it. Hand just an average or below average violin to someone like Charlie Daniels and he would make it smoke. Understand where I'm going with this? There are a lot of calls bought by the average Joe thinking he will sound like some of the masters, only to be highly disappointed in the sound he achieves. Some people are more talented than others no matter how much you may practice, but almost anyone can achieve suitable sounds to kill turkeys. I have cheap calls and expensive calls, and after learning what to say, and when to say, it it really makes no difference which of the calls I use. Last couple of seasons I have been hunting with some of the first calls I ever bought back in the 1980's when I started hunting, a Lynch Foolproof, the cheapest looking Penn Woods trumpet you have ever seen and a pocket slate, and I am calling up turkeys just like I was when I used expensive custom calls.