OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Pot call purchases

Started by rakkin6, March 18, 2020, 08:55:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rakkin6

Thank you so much and I am going to try to make the most out of my time from here on out. Spend a lot of time in the outdoors and with family and friends. You miss a lot of events while you are in like weddings , birthdays and holidays. But like I said before I had a blast and would do it all over again.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Tom007

Amen my friend .....be safe enjoy....
"Solo hunter"

tomfooleryy

Some great pick ups there. Thank you for your service.

rakkin6

Thank you very much, I am super stoked because my season starts in about 45 hours. Can't wait to get the Yingling copper and titanium out in the woods. They sound great on my back porch. That is my first longbox also. Picked it up from Jeff Mckamey at the NWTF. Plus I got some really nice strikers from JLH (Jeff) on Monday and they all sound excellent.
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

M,Yingling

Looks like your all set up  with some fine calls ,,, Congrats on the retirement enjoy that hunting time  Thanks Again and Good Luck   
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

TalknTurkey

Looks like a good bunch of calls. What's your pick of the litter? Thank you for your service, best of luck this season!

rakkin6

Well since I haven't been able to hunt with them yet I am basing this off just the way they sound me on my porch. But the Twisted Sister sounds really good and both the Titanium and Copper Yingling calls sound great. The Twisted Sister is more raspy.  Where the Yingling have a little bit of a higher pitch with a very distinct sound. But we will see what the birds like, on Saturday I am taking out both Yingling calls, Twisted Sister, Stumpy ceramic and the Halloran Zebrawood Slate. I will take a couple mouth calls man's my Halloran box call also. Not taking the Mckamey longbox out yet, I don't have a holder for it yet just ordered it and waiting for it to arrive.

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Bowguy

That's a great bunch calls. Thanks for your service and good luck this season

TalknTurkey

Quote from: rakkin6 on March 19, 2020, 10:07:02 AM
Well since I haven't been able to hunt with them yet I am basing this off just the way they sound me on my porch. But the Twisted Sister sounds really good and both the Titanium and Copper Yingling calls sound great. The Twisted Sister is more raspy.  Where the Yingling have a little bit of a higher pitch with a very distinct sound. But we will see what the birds like, on Saturday I am taking out both Yingling calls, Twisted Sister, Stumpy ceramic and the Halloran Zebrawood Slate. I will take a couple mouth calls man's my Halloran box call also. Not taking the Mckamey longbox out yet, I don't have a holder for it yet just ordered it and waiting for it to arrive.

Sounds like a good game plan! The Twisted Sister has been my go to for several years now and have called a lot of birds in with it. I just picked up a stumpy ceramic as well and it will be in my vest this season. Really impressed by how versatile and easy to run it is.

bobk

Thanks for your service and enjoy this season. Best of luck and be safe.

rakkin6

Thank you, you guys be safe

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

captpete

You have a pretty decent start, but you know you don't have enough calls when you can take half of your call collection with you hunting. I imagine you will have more by next spring....Welcome to the call buying addiction club!!! :z-guntootsmiley:

Thanks for your service!!!! :you_rock: :you_rock:

rakkin6

Well I had a couple that I didn't display that was just from this past October lol. I already had an original Halloran Metal Mouth, Lonzo stoned Aluminum, woodhaven crystal and woodhaven slate. Also had a Halloran box, Lunch fookproof and a Primos Boxcutter.

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Chris O

Looks like you are all set!!! Thanks for your service.

bear hunter

nice bunch of calls thank you for your service.