turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

remington nitro no 5's 3' and a mossy 12 500

Started by Lon0121, May 11, 2011, 01:58:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lon0121

alright guys im realy liking this undertaker .675 choke!

here is a no 5 turkey load by remington called nitro, 3 inch shell. shot was at 35 yards using the undertaker. This is regular lead shot.

155 hits in a 10" circle at 35 yards
i can only imagine how the hevi shot mag blends will work!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/803/003kd.jpg/

davisd9

Good pattern!  You still have some play on the left side.  Let me know how the Mag blend works cause I am going to be playing with them soon.  Good Luck!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

davisd9

What was the constriction on the previous chokes you had?  One was an undertaker right?
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Lon0121

previous choke was a Jellyhead 660,  undertaker 665, and a carlsons 660.  i was way to tight and patterns were blown!   with the 660 choke and the mag blends 5,6,7 i had 155 in a 10" circle at 35.

with the undertaker 675 choke i used regular lead shot and got an even 155 in a 10" circle at 35 yds.

i may have pulled a bit when i shot to the right!  thats why i have some room on the left i bet.
Quaker Boy pro-staff
mossy oak pro-staff

sugarray

Looks like a great 35-40 yd pattern.  Most dense is a little to the right though, so your true density is more than 155.  Draw another circle around the most dense part and count that number.  You may get up to 20 more.

Lon0121

thanks guys,  it took me all of turkey season and beyond before i found a descent pattern lol.

Quaker Boy pro-staff
mossy oak pro-staff

Gobble!

Lon0121

i thought so too!  they patterned some what horrid in my last chokes and ok in the carlsons.  like i said,  I cant wait to try out some hevi shot and some no 4 buckshot.
Quaker Boy pro-staff
mossy oak pro-staff

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase