turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Persimmon/Snakewood

Started by sbbow, June 10, 2020, 07:05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbbow

Just got the trough/Carbon striker from Nathan Taylor's . This trough looks way better in person   Looking forward to playing when it's not so windy. Thz for loooking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3bailey3

Sir-diealot

I got one from him last month, not nearly as fancy as yours but sounds really good to me, like all the different sounds you can get out of it. Congratulations.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Greg Massey

That's a really nice one and Nathan is fine call builder ...

letinmfly

Captain of the former Gobble Kings

Spitten and drummen

" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Swim-Bait

Question. Why would one use this style of call, over a pot call? I've never used a trough call. How does it differentiate? Thanks

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Swim-Bait on June 16, 2020, 02:20:56 PM
Question. Why would one use this style of call, over a pot call? I've never used a trough call. How does it differentiate? Thanks
I think it gives more tone choices myself, where you play it makes different sounds just like on a pot call but you can angle the sound chamber a lot easier than on a pot call just due to the shape and the way you hold each device and also you can cut off the sound better to make it sound like say the hen is walking away by changing the direction you hold the call as I mentioned above and by closing off the ends by holding one end against your body or covering the other end with your hand. Also you can change the tone by how you hold your hand against the ends. (Both ends are open by the way) That's just my feelings on the matter, not that I will ever give up on pot calls.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Swim-Bait

Thank you for the explanation. Appreciate it!

yelpy

I believe a good trough call will be heard better and much farther in the dense woods. The sound just carrie's better than a pot call, kind of like a good trumpet or wingbone.

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Beards and Hooks

Bullet1