only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mossberg 835 40 yards

Started by Old Timer, March 09, 2020, 06:07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Timer

Brwndg

That's a great pattern. Especially w/ 5s
"If turkeys could smell, you'd never kill one" - Bud Trenis my turkey hunting mentor & dear friend

Old Timer

Shot in a stiff headwind. The 1 7/8 was uneven. I'm a little concerned about 20 to tight. I guess I can't have it both ways. The new fed Grand slam pattern was terrible.

Brwndg

You could open your choke up so better 20 yd pattern. Any 40 yd pattern near 100 hits in a 10" is deadly. You got some room to play.
"If turkeys could smell, you'd never kill one" - Bud Trenis my turkey hunting mentor & dear friend

Big Pine

I was in the same boat recently. I got a sumtoy choke for my 835 and tried Winchester xx because my patterns were so tight with the long beards, and after getting the choke I was getting roughly 140 in a 10" at 40 and the 20 yard pattern was way more forgiving. The cost savings didn't hurt my feelings either. This was with xx 3.5" #5s

Old Timer

Quote from: Brwndg on March 09, 2020, 06:55:56 PM
You could open your choke up so better 20 yd pattern. Any 40 yd pattern near 100 hits in a 10" is deadly. You got some room to play.
tryed factory .695 , to open at 40

Brwndg

12point

As mentioned you can try 6's or smaller shot size.
I really like the idea of 100 plus pellets in a 10 inch circle sounds like sound advice

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

lowoctane

Have you tried a stardot choke?
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life