turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

My thoughts on Gregg’s trumpet

Started by Spitten and drummen, March 08, 2020, 12:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spitten and drummen

I got a trumpet from Gregg here on OG. It is his new design and is a African Blackwood. After good communication from him , the trumpet showed up rather quickly. After opening the box , I gave her a good looking over. It is a beautiful horn. The design is outstanding and I could find no flaws. I have several trumpets and the cosmetics of this one ranks up there with the best. I took it outside and took a little while just playing with the draw on it. It draws fairly easy but takes a little getting use to. That being said , if you know how to run a trumpet , you are immediately making turkey talk. There is no exception with this one. I played with the lip stop , hand placement and draw together. Once I had made my little adjustments , I was off and running with it. It draws easy and rolls over effortlessly. As far as difficulty level with this trumpet , I do not think it would be the easiest to start out on but certainly not the most difficult either. I am definately going to hunt her and let the birds decide. If you are wanting a trumpet to kill birds with then I would pick one of his up and be completely confident with it. Gregg is a very nice guy and he will treat you right. This is my honest review and is strictly my opinion. Give Greg a shout and try one of his trumpets. He is a member here and he makes a really nice horn.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

beardhunter87

Les C

Agreed X2. He makes a excellent trumpet, and a great guy to deal with.

perrytrails

Spot on. Good sound and craftsmanship. Great guy to deal with.

Chris O

NCL

Have a couple of Greg's trumpets and the comments above are spot on.