turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Few tube questions

Started by milertyme03, June 02, 2020, 11:01:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

milertyme03

I'm looking to buy a custom tube for turkey.  I currently run the Quaker boy tubes and I have had a lot of luck with those.  If I get a custom tube, what type or brand would be an easy transition?  Also, where can I get the white Quaker boy latex or what size is it?  If u buy from qb it is 10 dollars for 5 pieces.

Lastly, if I get a custom call how do you properly stretch the latex?  The qb ones kind of just stretch when the lid goes on.  Thanks

turkeymanjim

There is a guy on oldgobbler that goes by Scpossum, you can reach him on the tube call forum.  He makes great custom made acrylic tube calls. Send him a PM and he will fix you up.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

tal

X2 for Scpossum. I have several of his excellent calls. I've purchased from several call makers on here, good people and never a problem. Get latex from your dentist, tell him you hunt turkeys and want latex dental dams. Tuning? Practice, practice, practice.

Scpossum

Milertyme03, PM me your email and I will send you a short video on how I put the latex on. 

2nd 100

My 2 favorites are Matt McClain with a slate lip rest, why it doesn't dry out and cause problems I don't know and Ron Clough's Tower of Power . both do everything a turkey can do when someone runs them like they are supposed to be run . Both are completely different , from one end of the spectrum in design but they do the job for me .

mspaci

all good optioms, I like to run a Morgan style call too, Mike