OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turtle Skins Gaiters-Review

Started by Spurs, February 18, 2020, 12:11:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spurs

Well, to say that I'm disappointed is an understatement.  The overall quality of this product is bad.  The zipper threading has already began to fail and I haven't even worn outside of the house.  The design is silly as they are bad to ride up, so I had some alterations done at a seamstress...she completely botched them.  Used bulky plastic and skimped on the stitching. 

I will continue alterations on my own and beefing up the stitching in key locations, but to spend that amount of money on a product really ticks me off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This year is going to suck!!!

Cowboy

Spurs

Quote from: Cowboy on February 18, 2020, 12:15:25 PM
Where are they made at?
New Hampshire I think.

aclawrence

If we could get some OR croc gaiters out of the Kevlar material in Mossy Oak it would be magical. It's too bad turtle skins won't make a better design. It's a little frustrating but I'll keep using mine til something better comes along.

Spurs

Quote from: aclawrence on February 18, 2020, 12:29:56 PM
If we could get some OR croc gaiters out of the Kevlar material in Mossy Oak it would be magical. It's too bad turtle skins won't make a better design. It's a little frustrating but I'll keep using mine til something better comes along.

I did some modifications myself today...which was super tough.  That material is dang sure needle proof.  I sewed on a metal cinch kinda thing that seemed way tougher and is much lower profile.  Going to get some reinforce the treading at both ends of the zippers too.

LaLongbeard

I must have got mine before the quality went down or maybe mine was made on a good day? I've put a lot of miles on mine and had zero issues.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

aclawrence

One of mine zips up fine and the other one I almost always have wrestle with.  Been that way every since they came out of the package. I haven't thought about using any kind of lube on the zippers. Not sure of it would help or be a good idea. 

cutt down

Quote from: LaLongbeard on February 18, 2020, 11:27:41 PM
I must have got mine before the quality went down or maybe mine was made on a good day? I've put a lot of miles on mine and had zero issues.

Same here!

PALongspur

Quote from: LaLongbeard on February 18, 2020, 11:27:41 PM

:agreed: