turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Charles Daly 20 gauge

Started by mossybird, May 08, 2011, 11:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mossybird

My buddy is selling his 3" Charles daly 20 for $120. Is it a good buy? It's also a black synthetic stock.

3" 870 Shell Shucker

I have a Charles Daly 20 Gauge Youth model with camo stocks.  It was $224 when new at Wal-Mart.  I believe that I definitely overpaid, based upon the build quality.  It's a very cheaply made pump.  However, it is very lightweight, it has a very decent recoil pad, and it uses RemChokes. 

Mine shoots low, but is centered pretty well left to right.  Maybe 3" low at 30 Yards, and 6" low at 40 Yards.

davisd9

2ounce6s daughter killed a nice gobbler with a Charles Daley 20 gauge.  They are made in Great Britain and I have heard them to be a good gun.  Wish I would have bought one of their autos at Walmart when they were selling them.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

3" 870 Shell Shucker

They are made in Turkey.

davisd9

Maybe it is/was just a british company, maybe it had nothing to do with Britain at all.  Just remember that from somewhere, but would not be the first time I was wrong.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

3" 870 Shell Shucker

Forgive me, they are made in Turkey.

3" 870 Shell Shucker

The barrel looks to be well made, and it shoots pretty well too.  But the rest of my CD Pump seems to be low budget construction.  Below Mossberg quality levels.

surehuntsalot

I have a CD 20ga pump all black synthetic and it is a good shooting little gun,light as a feather and shoots poa
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

ahfox16

I also have the pump gun.  It was the walmart youth model with camo buttstock and forearm and 24" barrel.  Gun is very very light (less then 6 lbs).  It shoot point of impact but kicks like a mule.  I added a slip on recoil pad and that made the LOP 13.5" or so which is perfect.  I have zero problems with the gun although I've heard their autoloaders can have serious issues.  In short, I think its a good buy at 120 bucks for sure.  The ability to use Remington Choke tubes adds to their value as far as I'm concerned.  I think on the auction sites they are going for circa 200 or so now.