turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

TriStar Viper 410 trigger?

Started by Ridge Rooster, February 05, 2020, 08:10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ridge Rooster

Anyone know who can lighten the trigger on these guns. I installed the MCARBO spring for the SA20 and it reduced it slightly to 5lbs. Really like them a little lighter.

Thanks
Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

Ridge Rooster

I guess TriStar owners are fairly happy with the factory trigger pull? Mine is 5lbs with MCARBO spring installed and I would prefer it about 3. Has nobody had any trigger work done??

Thanks
Ridge Rooster

FL-Boss

The triggers on all these Turkish Mossberg, Weatherby and Tristar are pretty bad. MCARBO spring didn't work on my Tristar .410....looked like a different trigger set up than my SA-20 and SA-459.  Anyway... I sent it out to Ron Roberts and they made it good.

aeasley10

Had a friend show me how to polish the sears and it reduced my Weatherby PA459 about 1/2 #.  Approx 6.8 lbs, then we tried clipping a coil or 2 which got it to 5.6 lbs but there was some creep in the trigger. 

So went to ace hardware with my factory spring and found a spring a little longer and lighter with same I.D.  This took mine to just about 4lbs.  Seems to function crisp and consistent with no creep now.  Haven't shot yet but this is where it is just tinkering at home. 

If you do anything yourself I def recommend taking apart inside a gallon ziplock to keep from losing anything, and keeping the factory spring and not cutting coils, just Incase things don't work out you can always go back to it. 

BTW I'm a total rookie working on guns, but am mechanically savy and a tinkerer by nature, and my buddy shoots competitively in the PRS at a high level so I had someone with experience to guide me.  Hope this helps someone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

Would doing this void the warranty ?

aeasley10

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 04, 2020, 10:09:03 PM
Would doing this void the warranty ?

Don't know for sure, but I would assume.  Didn't even bother checking.  I am also painting the gun, changing the recoil pad, and had to cut off the front tactical sight and sand the barrel, so I think I'm prob already out of the warranty lol. 

DrDirtNap

Quote from: aeasley10 on March 04, 2020, 09:11:25 PM
Had a friend show me how to polish the sears and it reduced my Weatherby PA459 about 1/2 #.  Approx 6.8 lbs, then we tried clipping a coil or 2 which got it to 5.6 lbs but there was some creep in the trigger. 

So went to ace hardware with my factory spring and found a spring a little longer and lighter with same I.D.  This took mine to just about 4lbs.  Seems to function crisp and consistent with no creep now.  Haven't shot yet but this is where it is just tinkering at home. 

If you do anything yourself I def recommend taking apart inside a gallon ziplock to keep from losing anything, and keeping the factory spring and not cutting coils, just Incase things don't work out you can always go back to it. 

BTW I'm a total rookie working on guns, but am mechanically savy and a tinkerer by nature, and my buddy shoots competitively in the PRS at a high level so I had someone with experience to guide me.  Hope this helps someone.

Thanks for the information.   Can you tell me which spring you replaced?
I bought the Mcarbo spring and it did not help mine.  There are several springs in the trigger mechanism.

aeasley10

Quote from: DrDirtNap on March 05, 2020, 07:40:15 AM

I bought the Mcarbo spring and it did not help mine.  There are several springs in the trigger mechanism.

In my Weatherby trigger there is only 1 spring so it was simple.  I didn't think of this till after, but if you're gonna take the trigger apart def take pics before just incase you have trouble putting back together.

aeasley10

Quote from: DrDirtNap on March 05, 2020, 07:40:15 AM

What gun do you have with several springs in the trigger?

va longbeard

Just got my g2 410 gauge and weatherby SA-459 20 gauge triggers back from Precision Sports in Wisconsin.

Both triggers from factory had a lot of creep and were over 5 pounds pull.

Now they are around 3.5 pounds and the creep is gone I think they did a great job on them.

Money well spent in my opinion.

Ridge Rooster

Would you mind sharing contact information and price? I really need something done with mine.

Thanks
Ridge Rooster

va longbeard

Quote from: Ridge Rooster on March 13, 2020, 06:47:53 AM
Would you mind sharing contact information and price? I really need something done with mine.

Thanks
Ridge Rooster

PM info send.

2nd 100

My G2 410 has a very good trigger from factory , really no complaints but check out your local sporting clays gun club most have a resident shooter that is into gunsmithing , local talent usually means a quicker turn around . also Rob Roberts at Gobbler Guns does trigger work on most . last year he did my M2 20 GA and im not fussing . its a dove killer and a turkey machine also .