OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

H&R 12 gauge help

Started by mossybird, May 08, 2011, 10:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mossybird

I'm looking to build a dedicated dirt napper out of a fixed modified choke 3"

mossybird

3" inch H&R single shot. Can it be drilled and tapped for a 12 yr olf

JDogg

I've heard that most smiths will not tap a H R 12.  My son has a 20ga and we epoxied sights on the barrel, they are not coming off!!  I have heard of many folks epoxying on a scope base.  Also you might be interested to know that over on the shotgun world forums is a fellow named Mike Orlen who will thread a barrel for chokes for 35$.  He has highly recommended on the forum and has a lot of feedback.  I have not had  him do any work, but am planning on it.  My sons is mod choke also and we got good patterns out to 35 with hevi 7s.  I also filled the hole in the buttstock with lead shot to reduce the recoil of the 3 inch mag shells.

bushwhacker

Someone is tapping them. I have seen several guns on the 20 gauge forum that have  been drilled and tapped.

SumToy

You can put a mount on one of them.  I have milled part of the rib of on a 20 ga then put the mount.    Now as for the treading of the barrel most all the choke companies can do it.  I would look around a few shop in you part of the woods you may find one that can do it.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA