turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Halloran top shelf ceramic

Started by RiverRoost, January 31, 2020, 12:44:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverRoost

Anybody heard the Halloran top shelf ceramic yet? Just saw it on Facebook and I may be a sucker for his calls  but dang that thing sounds good.

outdoors

Does sound good but too my ears I think it's a little screechy
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Bolandstrutters

His calls have all been killers for me. I'm so this one will be as well.  If I was in the market for a ceramic this would be towards the top of my list.

Spitten and drummen

I loved david's calls I got years back. A sister , a mistress and a ceramic. I still have those 3 and will keep them. That being said I have bought one of his limited editions the last 3 years along with a few others and unloaded them all. Decent calls but they dont sound as good as his originals. For example I bought 2 more of his mistresses over the last few years and they just did not sound as good as his earlier calls to my ears.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

RiverRoost

I've got his mistress, ceramic, and one of his slates. I like his ceramic but this one sounds good to me too

MDTOM84

IMO David's old ceramic is the best sounding ceramic I have ever heard. The new one seems a little high pitched to me. I'm sure it will kill birds.

NeverRoosting

Quote from: MDTOM84 on January 31, 2020, 03:01:31 PM
IMO David's old ceramic is the best sounding ceramic I have ever heard. The new one seems a little high pitched to me. I'm sure it will kill birds.

Corder makes the best ceramic, I've got a Halloran and it's a really good pot but doesn't touch Clint's

Greg Massey

Quote from: NeverRoosting on January 31, 2020, 03:34:56 PM

Corder makes the best ceramic, I've got a Halloran and it's a really good pot but doesn't touch Clint's
I will add Mark Cornelius ..Mac calls makes one of the best I've ever heard ...ceramic ..Buster is also making a good sounding ceramic ...

MDTOM84

that's why I said In my opinion, I also said the best I have heard. I've never heard one from Corder. I'm sure you have doubles or triples of Corder's so you send me one I'll try it

KYHeadhunter02

Quote from: MDTOM84 on January 31, 2020, 04:01:19 PM

that's why I said In my opinion, I also said the best I have heard. I've never heard one from Corder. I'm sure you have doubles or triples of Corder's so you send me one I'll try it

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

NeverRoosting

Quote from: MDTOM84 on January 31, 2020, 04:01:19 PM

Wish I had one, I've ran a few they are awesome

vt35mag

Sounds too high pitched for my liking.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

7shooter

Halloran calls remind me of Mathews bows.  Every year when a new one gets introduced it gets criticized but yet they are high in demand and tend to hold their value.  I have yet to be disappointed in any of David's calls, anxious to get my hands on  one. 

KYHeadhunter02

Quote from: 7shooter on January 31, 2020, 10:50:29 PM
Halloran calls remind me of Mathews bows.  Every year when a new one gets introduced it gets criticized but yet they are high in demand and tend to hold their value.  I have yet to be disappointed in any of David's calls, anxious to get my hands on  one.
There were a couple in the classifieds that took a bit to sell, and less than retail.

I think of Halloran calls more like fat girls and mopeds....They are cool and fun until your friends find out...

7shooter

Quote from: KYHeadhunter02 on January 31, 2020, 10:58:11 PM
Quote from: 7shooter on January 31, 2020, 10:50:29 PM
There were a couple in the classifieds that took a bit to sell, and less than retail.

I think of Halloran calls more like fat girls and mopeds....They are cool and fun until your friends find out...

To be fair there have been several calls from top Call Makers going for less then retail lately.  I never thought Mopeds were fun.